Home Forums Television 2023 Emmy Predictions: Limited/Movie Categories

2023 Emmy Predictions: Limited/Movie Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 349 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
20 hours ago
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
kat_ebbs

• Heptapod
    Topics:

It’s HBO strategy to own Sundays like HOTD debuted the sunday after Westworld’s last episode and the white lotus 2 airing the sunday after HOTD last episode . I expect the Idol to start late November pairing with TWL to bring audience to it before it continues on it’s own . Then I’d say either love and death or the white house plumbers will debut .

This makes a lot of sense. Love & Death is more of its own thing because it’s on HBO Max, but it’s already been announced to premiere in March, so I think The White House Plumbers might premiere shortly before it and they’ll air together (like Hacks and Barry).

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

ReplyCopy URL

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

inventing anna was very big with mediocre reviews. or emily in paris.

I think this is the key, though – if it actually holds. The show has been out five days, Inventing Anna was in their top 10 for two months. Trending on Twitter for a couple of days (largely for unfavourable reasons around the victims if you look at the tag) isn’t the same as actually being a hit.

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be surprised if HBO pair The White House Plumbers with Succession because they probably share similar tendencies with one another (The White House Plumbers is being directed by Veep show-runner and Seinfeld writer David Mandel, is a political drama that on paper seems to be quite ensemble-y). Sure Headey is in it but the audience who is tuning in for House of the Dragon is not the same type of audience HBO want for a drama like this and by airing it now, they would risk losing momentum so early in the season because a Watergate miniseries isn’t really something an audience like the one House of the Dragon has is going to tune into en masse or keep up with regardless of how good the show actually is or who is in it.

Having a strong lead can be really beneficial to a show’s commercial success but it’s futile if you don’t have a show that your captive audience will tune into afterwards. I doubt Yellowjackets would have been as successful as it was if it were paired up with something like Billions instead of the Dexter revival or Chernobyl would have performed as well as it did had it not been a disaster series that aired in proximity to the final season of the biggest epic series on the planet.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL

likeitsgolden
    Topics:

I don’t know why Netflix or Ryan didn’t just reach out to the family….you didn’t pay them, you didn’t ask for insight but the least you could do was tell them. How exactly did they think this would be appropriate. It’s a shame and everybody behind this is going to hell.

ReplyCopy URL

Victor
    Topics:

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

I don’t know why Netflix or Ryan didn’t just reach out to the family….you didn’t pay them, you didn’t ask for insight but the least you could do was tell them. How exactly did they think this would be appropriate. It’s a shame and everybody behind this is going to hell.

“When I saw some of the show, it bothered me, especially when I saw myself — when I saw my name come across the screen and this lady saying verbatim exactly what I said.

If I didn’t know any better, I would’ve thought it was me. Her hair was like mine, she had on the same clothes. That’s why it felt like reliving it all over again. It brought back all the emotions I was feeling back then.

I was never contacted about the show. I feel like Netflix should’ve asked if we mind or how we felt about making it. They didn’t ask me anything. They just did it.

But I’m not money hungry, and that’s what this show is about, Netflix trying to get paid.

I could even understand it if they gave some of the money to the victims’ children. Not necessarily their families. I mean, I’m old. I’m very, very comfortable. But the victims have children and grandchildren. If the show benefited them in some way, it wouldn’t feel so harsh and careless.

It’s sad that they’re just making money off of this tragedy. That’s just greed.

The episode with me was the only part I saw. I didn’t watch the whole show. I don’t need to watch it. I lived it. I know exactly what happened.”

Yikes

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

ReplyCopy URL

kamila
    Topics:

The show and its marketing are leaving a bad taste in a lot of people’s mouths. I know sometimes people think playing a likeable character doesn’t matter, but Peters isn’t winning for playing Dahmer. It’s just not going to happen especially with the general feeling in the air that the series was in bad faith.

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

Whilst I think he’ll get nominated at the winter awards, Peters feel like a placeholder frontrunner at the Globes and SAG. Egerton alone already feels like a plausible challenger and I think we should keep an eye on Kumail Nanjiani as a potential Keaton/Arquette-esque late-breaker for that Chippendales show on Hulu. Hulu have been marketing it like crazy since August and it’s one of their only shows, alongside Pam and Tommy and The Dropout, of this year to get a day and date release internationally on Disney+ so there does seem to be some commercial confidence there.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

hopelesstar
    Topics:

If every time it was needed to ask the permission of the real people involved, no movies or shows based on real life event would ever be made, as seen by Pamela Anderson’s reaction to Pam and Tommy recently.

However, it does feel hypocritical and misguided for Ryan Murphy and co to have made this show before having consulted the family of the victims when they made such a big deal about getting Monica Lewinsky approval and involvement in order to make Impeachment.

As for awards prospects, I think Peters is probably getting in everywhere with the potential of winning the GG and SAG. His profile has also risen after he won the Emmy so the HFPA might think it’s a good time to award him. They could nominate the show aswell. I don’t see Series nominations elsewhere, however.

ReplyCopy URL

ejaru1810
    Topics:

The way Dahmer is better than 4/5 of the last limited series nominees but still doesn’t feel like it could get nominated makes me wonder if we’re not overthinking it. I know the controversy is overshadowing the quality of the show, but do we really believe the voters will care at the end of the day? I mean, they should, but if they will is the question.

I’m sorry but what quality? The critics reception has been worse than other Murphy shows, even worst than Inventing Anna and that was disliked by critics (I know Dahmer has few reviews at the moment but it doesn’t look like the overall reception will change much). Now the controversy about the lack of interest from Netflix towards the victims’ families is making me question if the industry will go for a show like this. The controversy is probably worse than Pam & Tommy, so the show is not in a better position than last year nominees. Also, Limited Series will have even more contenders next year, even Netflix has others shows to campaign for. Dahmer at best will get acting nominations.

ReplyCopy URL

ejaru1810
    Topics:

Even if Evan sweeps GG, CC and SAG i don’t see him winning the Emmy.

Knowing how GG and SAG like loud performances, Stan could be a dark horse on both and could beat Peters. I’m not predicting it yet but it wouldn’t be surprising either.

ReplyCopy URL

gabspss
    Topics:

I’m sorry but what quality? The critics reception has been worse than other Murphy shows, even worst than Inventing Anna and that was disliked by critics (I know Dahmer has few reviews at the moment but it doesn’t look like the overall reception will change much). Now the controversy about the lack of interest from Netflix towards the victims’ families is making me question if the industry will go for a show like this. The controversy is probably worse than Pam & Tommy, so the show is not in a better position than last year nominees. Also, Limited Series will have even more contenders next year, even Netflix has others shows to campaign for. Dahmer at best will get acting nominations.

Ghmmm… people are allowed to have their own opinions too? If the user above personally think the show has quality that’s not up for debate…

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL

ejaru1810
    Topics:

Ghmmm… people are allowed to have their own opinions too? If the user above personally think the show has quality that’s not up for debate…

Sorry if it came across as rude, that wasn’t my intention.

ReplyCopy URL

gabspss
    Topics:

Sorry if it came across as rude, that wasn’t my intention.

Not rude at all, just a little bit clueless. Sorry too If I came across as rude. I guess we are all a little misunderstood somehow in the web.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 349 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.