Home Forums Television 2023 Emmy Predictions: Limited/Movie Categories

2023 Emmy Predictions: Limited/Movie Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 406 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
23 hours ago
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
kat_ebbs

• liz
    Topics:

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js I find this extremely wrong. What kind of Pseudo woke ideology is this? Representation of LGBTQ history should involve both the positives and the negatives of it. The show is completely based on LGBTQ themes.

The LGBTQ tag exists for a reason: LGBTQ people looking for representation. A gay serial killer represents who? 

ReplyCopy URL

Manav
    Topics:

The LGBTQ tag exists for a reason: LGBTQ people looking for representation. A gay serial killer represents who?

What a weird logic. Misleading consumers. The tag exists for everyone.

Also there’s literally no constructive point in making a series on this especially since from what I have been able to understand, Netflix did not take the permission of the victims’ families and turned the killer into somewhat of a sex symbol.

ReplyCopy URL

Miossid
    Topics:

Was the LGBTQ tag used in The Assassination of Gianni Versace too? I don’t recall anyone complaining about that and they are very similar shows.

ReplyCopy URL

Manav
    Topics:

Was the LGBTQ tag used in The Assassination of Gianni Versace too? I don’t recall anyone complaining about that and they are very similar shows.

It’s about having a tag initially and then removing it. I do understand that it was done to avoid people developing stereotypes against a particular sexuality but all the series did besides showing the failings of the police was turning the killer into a sex symbol and giving unnecessary spotlight to the offence without even taking consent or talking to the victims families. Netflix ought to be held accountable if it has any negative consequences.

Also I don’t know if anyone has realised but Netflix has a massive global outreach and people have a diversity of opinion about sexuality and differing levels of willingness to watch content concerning it. To remove a tag actually might mislead a lot of viewers. We’re talking about a diversity of people in varying forms of society. Many countries, societies, families and individuals are still very conservative and don’t want to watch LGBTQ content (which is their right to decide and somewhat sad imo). That’s why it’s important to keep proper tags where they’re due and a proper disclaimer for a lengthy duration to make it clear that the events in the series should not be held as a stereotype against anyone.

(With proper due respect to members here and to the LGBTQ community who I admire. Apologies in advance for any offence due to miscommunication.)

ReplyCopy URL

Miossid
    Topics:

Many countries, societies, families and individuals are still very conservative and don’t want to watch LGBTQ content (which is their right to decide and somewhat sad imo).

I couldn’t care less about them really. That’s not the most important factor here in my opinion. If the LGBT community doesn’t feel comfortable having that tag in a show in which the protagonist is a gay man in a killing spree of mostly gay men, I think it’s ok to remove it.

ReplyCopy URL

Manav
    Topics:

I couldn’t care less about them really. That’s not the most important factor here in my opinion. If the LGBT community doesn’t feel comfortable having that tag in a show in which the protagonist is a gay man in a killing spree of mostly gay men, I think it’s ok to remove it.

Well I guess that’s fair. You can certainly look at it that way.

ReplyCopy URL

Aziz Sliti
    Topics:

Jim Gaffigan Joins Steven Soderbergh’s ‘Full Circle’ HBO Max Limited Series

Not sure if it’ll eligible for this emmy cicle but HBO Max is gathering quite the cast for Full Circle .

Jim Gaffigan has joined the cast of the HBO Max limited series Full Circle, from director Steven Soderbergh and writer Ed Solomon. He joins prevously announced cast Zazie Beetz, Claire Danes, Timothy Olyphant, Dennis Quaid, Jharrel Jerome, Sheyi Cole and CCH Pounder.

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

Not sure if it’ll eligible for this emmy cicle but HBO Max is gathering quite the cast for Full Circle .

Casey Bloys confirmed it will be.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL

liz
    Topics:

Ensemble cast. If they’re eligible, i think they’ll all go supporting.

ReplyCopy URL

likeitsgolden
    Topics:

What do y’all think about that Mike Tyson series? 

ReplyCopy URL

liz
    Topics:

What do y’all think about that Mike Tyson series?

I saw a lot of negative reactions from both the critics and the public that it became a non-factor for me 😭

ReplyCopy URL

likeitsgolden
    Topics:

Honestly this is the first time I’ve heard about the reactions, I just didn’t look 😳 I don’t see anybody on the internet talking about it either.

I just keep seeing ads for it and didn’t get around to watching it yet!

ReplyCopy URL

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Honestly this is the first time I’ve heard about the reactions, I just didn’t look I don’t see anybody on the internet talking about it either.

Because they’re probably not watching it. I can’t access US Hulu, but FlixPatrol doesn’t have it in the top 10.

ReplyCopy URL

liz
    Topics:

it’s an unauthorized series too, Mike Tyson was heavily against the release

ReplyCopy URL

Sir Shaw
    Topics:

The long awaited Community movie is teased to be happening at Peacock

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 406 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.