Home Forums Television AFI AWARDS 2021 Predictions

AFI AWARDS 2021 Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
JV
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Reservation Dogs seems to be the critical darling of the moment

I completely forgot about it. I think it has a very good shot, since they love FX.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Reservation Dogs seems to be the critical darling of the moment

There seems to be a lot of hype for this show. It wouldn’t surprise me if it turns up at WGA for New Series like What We Do in the Shadows did.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

If any of Hacks,Mare Of Easttown, WandaVision or Ted Lasso miss, it’ll be a gargantuan snub.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ted Lasso and Mare of Easttown feel safe and I’d probably add Hacks to that list as well. They always seem to gravitate to shows that have had quite a bit of success at the Emmys and all three of them are critical darlings. Likewise they all do very much feel like very American programmes.

In terms of sleeper contenders I’d say watch out for Maid and Dopesick. Both shows seem like they could be big contenders, they both seem to be pieces that are socially relevant and the former seems to have critical raves in its early reviews.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I think Reservation Dogs is close to a lock for New Series at WGA. They love these FX comedies in that category: Atlanta, Better Things, What We Do in the Shadows and Dave.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Reservation Dogs is close to a lock for New Series at WGA. They love these FX comedies in that category: Atlanta, Better Things, What We Do in the Shadows and Dave.

And all of those got above the line Emmy nominations eventually (as did every comedy that has been nominated there in the past decade with the exception of The Mindy Project) so I think Dave is going to turn up at the Emmys sooner or later (even if it’s not this year) and so will Reservation Dogs if it gets in for new series at WGA.

Oscars FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

And all of those got above the line Emmy nominations eventually (as did every comedy that has been nominated there in the past decade with the exception of The Mindy Project) so I think Dave is going to turn up at the Emmys sooner or later (even if it’s not this year) and so will Reservation Dogs if it gets in for new series at WGA.

Dave could’ve gotten a Lead Actor nomination if S2 was released in the Spring.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Dave could’ve gotten a Lead Actor nomination if S2 was released in the Spring.

I agree I think that would have been probable.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I have to imagine Macy and Thompson were a a very weak #4 and #5, Burd could’ve gotten in pretty easily over one of them if pushed at all in a spring release.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have to imagine Macy and Thompson were a a very weak #4 and #5, Burd could’ve gotten in pretty easily over one of them if pushed at all in a spring release.

I honestly think if DaveNever Have I Ever and <i>The Other Two</i> were all released before the deadline we could have seen Burd and Tarver bump out Macy and Thompson and Ramakrishnan and Yorke bump out Janney and Bryant.

Oscars FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I honestly think if Dave, Never Have I Ever and <i>The Other Two</i> were all released before the deadline we could have seen Burd and Tarver bump out Macy and Thompson and Ramakrishnan and Yorke bump out Janney and Bryant.

Syfy completely not campaigning Alan Tudyk was also silly.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Syfy completely not campaigning Alan Tudyk was also silly.

Especially with SyFy being a NBCU/Comcast subsidiary and it being their only new season comedy not to be campaigned at all.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.