Home Forums Television Animated Series Emmys 2022

Animated Series Emmys 2022

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Created
5 days ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
jarg
Victor
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I thought I’d start this thread because I know it’s an area people at times bemoan for a lack of breadth of nominations so if you have any favourites here (either episodes or new shows) I though it would be a nice place to share them.

My favourites new ones this year have been Arcane (spectacularly done and very accessible) and for pure, anadulterated crazy, musical theatre but animated, Centaurworld (I don’t even know how to explain this but it’s a trip).

I think the latter straddles kids and adult programming and may end up outside of Primetime, but Arcane would be a lovely thing to see get some Emmys attention.

Any other new favourites or older favourites you thought had particularly good years/episodes/voice performances?

Profile picture
    jarg
    Topics:

big mouth is a lock for animated program, as well as voice-over performance for maya rudolph. trust me on this.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

big mouth is a lock for animated program, as well as voice-over performance for maya rudolph. trust me on this.

Big Mouth lost animated program last year, it’s an actors show, not an animators show.

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

Arcane didn’t work for me as much as it did for everyone else, but I think it’d be cool for it to show up here. I think Rick and Morty is winning again since it has aired a new season and it’s probably going to be deserved.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I think Arcane, Star Wars: Visions and Maya and the Tree will do well in the juried categories, but they will be ignored by the Animated branch in general because it’s genre, they actually have a good story AND they actually have been widely seen and loved by a lot of people, and this something the Animated branch despises.

Rick & Morty, Big Mouth, Bob’s Burgers, etc zzzzzzzz are locked

I would love to see Hilda and the Mountain King getting in. Really underrated show (although this was a movie sequel to the show), but I think it will sweep the Daytime

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I think Arcane, Star Wars: Visions and Maya and the Tree will do well in the juried categories, but they will be ignored by the Animated branch in general because it’s genre,

Both Children’s (pre the move) and Animation have been a little bit more open to Star Wars over the years and Star Wars adjacent stuff (ie Clone Wars and Star Wars related-Robot Chicken eps) (which might have actually been a bit of predictor for The Mandalorian doing well), but I tend to think Visions might be pushing the edges of that too far.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Maybe Bad Batch is the Star Wars they go for instead of Visions?

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Maybe Bad Batch is the Star Wars they go for instead of Visions?

It’s probably more accessible, yeah. There’s a good chance if Disney don’t otherwise have a strong contender they make a play for it?

They’ve nominated Clone Wars on a couple of occasions and Rebels and Resistance for Children’s (the last two the four years consecutive prior to The Mandalorian getting in, which I thought was interesting).

Also just remembered they got in “The Force Awakens from Its Nap” for short form (which was a very cute Star Wars/Simpsons crossover). So yeah, Star Wars, if anything has some love there

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jarg
    Topics:

<p style=”user-select: auto;”>Big Mouth lost animated program last year, it’s an actors show, not an animators show.

i agree but, it’s still getting a nom. i forgot to mention in my first comment that it’s a lock for noms.</p>

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.