Home Forums Television Critics’ Choice TV Awards 2022

Critics’ Choice TV Awards 2022

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 242 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
forwardswill
  • Profile picture
    agorretta
    Topics:

I could see the show getting in for series, Baranski, McDonald, and Patinkin. I feel like he’s at least more likely than Michael Dorman.

Genuinely proud of myself for calling this, cause I really haven’t been following Critics Choice much lol. And I loved this season of The Good Fight, so glad to see Patinkin nominated for the fresh energy he brought to the show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Anyways excited for this reunion.

hc

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Genuinely proud of myself for calling this, cause I really haven’t been following Critics Choice much lol. And I loved this season of The Good Fight, so glad to see Patinkin nominated for the fresh energy he brought to the show.

I’m really glad you did! It won’t happen but if the Succession actors vote-split it would be great to see him win.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

There r no words how much I despise young Sheldon. How is he a nominee?!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

There r no words how much I despise young Sheldon. How is he a nominee?!

They love CBS/Paramount+/Showtime, just look at the nominees, they are the only place to ever acknowledge The Good Fight exists and newbie Evil continues to break through, and Yellowjackets which is barely out and already has multiple nods.

The bias is there.

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The experts putting Culkin above Macfayden 

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t think their nominations for The Good Fight and Evil are solely due to bias. Both shows have quite a strong amount of support amongst critics (The Good Fight for example has only missed the Metacritic counter for top 20 tv shows of the year only once and has never missed TCA).

Their obsessions with Mom and Young Sheldon are somewhat fishy though.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I’m really glad you did! It won’t happen but if the Succession actors vote-split it would be great to see him win.

I just did The Good Fight win something eventually here, right now it’s current 0-for-14 at CC.

☠️

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I don’t think their nominations for The Good Fight and Evil are solely due to bias. Both shows have quite a strong amount of support amongst critics (The Good Fight for example has only missed the Metacritic counter for top 20 tv shows of the year only once and has never missed TCA).

Their obsessions with Mom and Young Sheldon are somewhat fishy though.

I agree on The Good Fight (although being on CBS can only help), they did got TCA love so there’s a overlap here.
    But Evil was never nominated there, and here is the only place they do well (and i LOVE IT don’t get me wrong, it’s my runner up drama series so far).

Their obsessions with Mom and Young Sheldon are somewhat fishy though.

They also continued to nominate TBBT way after everybody else dropped it too.

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Anyways excited for this reunion.

Lynskey’s younger version in Yellowjackets (Nelisse) has all Lynskey’s mannerisms from Heavenly Creatures. Amazing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

They also continued to nominate TBBT way after everybody else dropped it too.

And famously gave Bialik the win over Borstein, Gilpin, and Moreno for each their respective 1st seasons, and Jenifer Lewis’ best season of Blackish when the show was still a major player.

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lvigario
    Topics:

I’ve now realise that there isn’t any nom for American Crime Story Impeachment which I think it’s a shame.

FYC TV: genera+ion | The Other Two | Starstruck | Schmigadoon! | Love Life | This Way Up | Sex Education | Zoey’s Extraordinary Christmas | Sarah Paulson in ACS: Impeachment | Evan Peters in American Horror Story: Red Tide

FYC Movies: CODA | In The Heights | Last Night In Soho | Spencer | Gaga for House of Gucci | Penelope Cruz for Madres Paralelas | Martha Plimpton in Mass | Glenn Close in Four Good Days | Riley Keough in Zola | Colman Domingo in Zola | Sandra Bullock in The Unforgivable | Jake Gyllen

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Joe Langer
    Topics:

Just went through you’ll’s predictions and saw the critics noms and well I have some thoughts.

Member of the Screen Actors Guild. Inducted in 1999.
    Now retired.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Just went through you’ll’s predictions and saw the critics noms and well I have some thoughts.

Please share.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Joe Langer
    Topics:

1. Told you people are not high on Morning show. Billy got nominated which is bravo but Reese didn’t which is a bummer. Jen missing makes sense (these are critics after all) but don’t expect her to miss the guild nomination as she’s loved by all.

2. Handmaids tale missing is very unfortunate and is not a good sign. Expect Elisabeth to get the guild nom nonetheless but rule out Ann or anyone else.

3. The white lotus missing is big. Not a good sign. As I told industry friends are hot and cold on it but expected the critics to nominate it everywhere.

4. As expected Mare and Succession hit big. Expect the same for the guilds.

5. Happy to see the good fight in. Loved the good wife but this is better. I’ve worked with Christine on a Marci film and she’s a gem. As expected sterling holds strong.

6. Yellowjackets is big and these nominations tell that. Happy to see wandavision and especially Kathryn Hahn.

7. Dopesick is growing.

Member of the Screen Actors Guild. Inducted in 1999.
    Now retired.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 242 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.