Home Forums Television Critics’ Choice TV Awards 2022

Critics’ Choice TV Awards 2022

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 242 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
forwardswill
  • Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Kaitlyn Dever, Thuso Mbedu, Mike Flanagan, Hamish Linklater, the official Succession account, Nick Robinson (for “Maid” and Margaret), etc.

I had seen the official Succession one (can’t believe not even all of the official accounts for everything are posting about it!) but yeah gotta admit I didn’t look at the reactions for any of those other 5. Feels like the same people who might have tweeted about a critics choice nom last year have done so this year and otherwise there’s been no buzz.

I wonder it will be different with the film announcement next week or whether the Globes will make no one want to say anything that day.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Joe Langer
    Topics:

You’ll rarely see an a list star mentioning critics choice awards. It’s because no one in the industry actually cares for these too much. It’s the globes that were big. Guild voters get heavily swayed by the globes’ choices but not the critics ones.

Member of the Screen Actors Guild. Inducted in 1999.
    Now retired.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

Sex Education is the best reviewed comedy show of the year but is not even nominated…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

It’s because no one in the industry actually cares for these too much. It’s the globes that were big. Guild voters get heavily swayed by the globes’ choices but not the critics ones.

Oh I know. I was more referring to how the CC producers have been bigging themselves up all year as the replacement for the Globes but the industry has not chosen to take further interest in them even with the Globes being absent. I find it relatively surprising given all the supposed news we’ve seen about studios supposedly campaigning for these but not the Globes. I wonder if we’ll discover that much of that was just shit-stirring by journalists to make the HFPA look even worse.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I had seen the official Succession one (can’t believe not even all of the official accounts for everything are posting about it!) but yeah gotta admit I didn’t look at the reactions for any of those other 5. Feels like the same people who might have tweeted about a critics choice nom last year have done so this year and otherwise there’s been no buzz. I wonder it will be different with the film announcement next week or whether the Globes will make no one want to say anything that day.

I think a big problem as well was that most people prob didn’t even know the TV noms were being released. The 13th is at least on some people’s radar, so while I understand the reason for announcing the TV noms separately, I think they sorta fly under the radar because of that. Plus, I just don’t think a lot of people care that much about CC, an awards show that airs on a network so few people even have. I also have yet to see them produce a single good show. They’re just terribly produced.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

I think a big problem as well was that most people prob didn’t even know the TV noms were being released.

Still though, you’d think if they cared then they’d have tweeted after their agent inevitably texted to tell them

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Voyage
    Topics:

I’ve actually seen quite a few. Kaitlyn Dever, Thuso Mbedu, Mike Flanagan, Hamish Linklater, the official Succession account, Nick Robinson (for “Maid” and Margaret), etc. But yeah, no one was really talking about these nominations, lol.

The Great official account + Elle Fanning and Nicholas Hoult and Only Murders in the Building official account and Selena Gomez all reacted to it too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ultimately neither the Globes nor Critics Choice will be advantageous when it comes to visibility or guild performane. Which will be interesting.

Although one can argue neither had any effect at all last year with SAG actually nominating Michaela Coel and Small Axe getting shut out there in favour of Hamilton.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    eric
    Topics:

Was And Just Like That… eligible here?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

the best reviewed comedy show of the year

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Was And Just Like That… eligible here?

Yes.

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Odd parallels vis-à-vis This Is Us and Good Fight in Supporting

2018: Metz and Jumbo
    2019: both miss
    2020: Watson and McDonald
    2021: both miss
    2022: Watson and McDonald

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

2021: misses and not eligible

McDonald was eligible in 2021. She just missed.

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The only recent CCA thing that I think had some bearing was probably Waddingham winning I think.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

They’re good at telling us what picks may have passion but any credibility they have in that respect is completely extinguished by their obsessions with trying to predict the Emmys. Sure last year Waddingham won but then they also gave Michael K. Williams and Donald Sutherland wins for shows no one really cared or was passionate about and well we saw what happened there.

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 242 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.