Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Comedy Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers

Emmys 2020 Comedy Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 3 posts - 481 through 483 (of 483 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
marty
Stranger_Amon..

• AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Gosh you really are a big hypocrite.

Because I am calling you out for dragging and continuing posting about the same conversation you want to put behind us? Sure.

I haven’t even posted anything about Modern Family or The Great being better or worse than SC. But you can’t seem to let this topic go, and keep posting about it. Anyway, I am done discussing Braun and Schitt’s Creek’s directing so this will be my last post on this topic.

String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Comedy or Cabbage was a standout among all Maisel episodes in terms of directing. I was breathless from the club scene to the goodbye.

Fleabag wasn’t a no brainer though. S02E01 was a massive achievment in directorial precision. As much as I obsess over Bill Hader, Ronny/Lily was just an homage to his favourite directors and (trophy room aside) a sore thumb within an otherwise outstanding show. I know most Barry fans massively disagree but ok. He will get his directing Emmy one day.

Directors are usually smarter and more daring with their votes. Not sure how they got Schitt’s over anything else when they are so good picking drama and series winners, but there you go.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

wolfali
    Topics:

TV Academy: By awarding Watchmen and The Mandalorian 11 and 7 Emmys we are showing how we’re continuing to move away from our bias against sci-fi/fantasy shows!

Also T.V. Academy: By awarding Schitt’s Creek a sweep we’re continuing a trend of awarding Comedy shows and performers for their final seasons.

Interviewer : What about The Good Place?
    T.V. Academy: (*spits tea*) What the fuck is that Guest2018 bullshit??

This being said whilst I wasn’t rooting for The Good Place anywhere it is a bit sad that Maya Rudolph, D’Arcy Carden and Ted Danson now have never won for those performance (as much as I preferred Borstein and Murphy in S. Actress this year!)

Let’s hope what happened to D’Arcy doesn’t happen to Betty Gilpin for GLOW’s final season!

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 3 posts - 481 through 483 (of 483 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Comedy Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers’ is closed to new replies.