Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)

Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 254 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca Giliberti
Rachel

• estrelas
    Topics:

I am still sad “Mayday” wasn’t nominated 🙁

Yeah that was unfortunate. It shouldve been nominated hands down. Same with the season finale of Stranger Things. Both robbed. I don’t think Ozark and The Crown needed two nominations, specially when those second ones aren’t as good as “Mayday” and “Chapter 8: The Battle of Starcourt”. But I guess the directors branch is crazy about them.

AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

The point is you give voters unlimited choices and they are going to vote for people based on plenty of reasons that have nothing to do with the objective of the awards,

Exactly. And the point is, you can’t even blame the voters because why won’t they just check off everyone they like? Another issue with the new voting is that I feel like it makes it difficult for someone like Constance Zimmer or Maura Tierney to get nominated like they did in 2016. These passion nominations will be harder now when most voters check off everyone on a popular show. If they are forced to just chose 6, they will likely not just check off everyone from a popular show.

marty
    Topics:

Anyway, was “Hunting” a welcome upset, or do we vastly prefer TINFT?

Hunting is stylistically superior, so while I never had it on my radar for a win I definitely think it’s well deserved. Andrij Parekh also directed an episode of Watchmen, so he seems to have the midas touch.

marty
    Topics:

I had Archie Panjabi for both Run and I Know this Much is True, even though I haven’t seen any of them, just cause Kalinda is one of my favourite caracters ever,

Catch me putting her in my nominations predictions for the Fall because of the exact same reason 💀

Kay
    Topics:

“Hunting” was definitely the superior directorial achievement of the 2 Succession episodes. It was all in the director’s hands to be able to pull off “Boar on the Floor” without making it look too ridiculous or ludicrous. I think he deserves it for pulling it off so well and making it so that the audience felt as uncomfortable as they did just watching it. I mean, can you imagine how difficult it must have been to approach how to film that scene when given the script describing it? Even Brian Cox said he was nervous about filming it because he didn’t know that it would work.

Brian Cox is amazing, and the fact he couldn’t win for such an overwhelming and powerful performance speaks volumes on the support for Jeremy Strong.

“Hunting” made me so uncomfortable. It’s definitely a highlight for the show. It’s both a directing and writing masterpiece tbh.

angel88401
    Topics:

Not my pressedness about Tom’s snub descending into so much chaos. I repent!

Also, I find it both ridiculous and kinda hilarious that users are having the same exact conversation about Braun’s nomination on page 16 of the “Emmys 2020 Drama winners reactions (PART 2)” as they did on literally like page 2 of the “Emmys 2020 Nominations: Drama Reactions” thread back in July. That is how long this conversation has been carried on. Put. this. conversation. topic. to. rest.

Also, at least we got this cute photo from Braun of the cast celebrating over Zoom in bathtubs with champagne: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFa3J3GheDa/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Kay
    Topics:

Honey, Aniston was robbed! Zendaya is serviceable in Euboria.

Aniston rightfully lost. What an overrated performance!

estrelas
    Topics:

Honey, Aniston was robbed! Zendaya is serviceable in Euboria.

I’m sorry but Aniston didn’t deserve to win. She was like the 4th best of the line up. Even though I was rooting for Laura Linney to win, Zendaya was extremely deserving.

Clarage
    Topics:

The only one who was robbed is Laura

Kay
    Topics:

Laura was great but no one was robbed when a deserving performance won.

supermalt
    Topics:

When zendaya wasn’t in contention this placed herald Aniston like it was the best performance of the year on par with laura, I thought she was great but 3rd at best but now she’s overrated because she didn’t win? even though that makes sense can we please be more objective with the way we talk about performances rather with statements like “she’s a lock” or “she’s never ever going to get nominated” because always looking back at the end of emmy night those comments always aged badly.

wolfali
    Topics:

Aniston was great but Jodie and Laura deserved it more. Haven’t seen Euphoria yet so can’t comment on Zendaya but from what I’ve heard she’s great in it!
    Sandra Oh was ok (she is phenomenal when she gets material) but the way I thought she had more material from the clips they showed of her in Killing Eve made me realise how great she is as an Actress.

Lmao at them showing Zendaya, Jodie, Sandra, Aniston and Linney’s performances when they were in sombre moods but not Colman’s Aberfan tear.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Synthadora
    Topics:

The word robbed makes it seem like the winner didn’t deserve. Zendaya was great so she deserved but Laura *ᶜᵒᵘᵍʰˢ* ᵃⁿᵈ ʲᵒᵈᶦᵉ was better imo so Laura was not robbed just had more merit for the win in my eyes.

Kay
    Topics:

HBO is just too damn powerful. It can’t be stopped. Winning virtually all major top prizes at the main ceremony, dominating Drama (only losing the Supporting categories). I mean… no one can stop this freakin’ network.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 254 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.