Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)

Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 254 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca Giliberti
Rachel

• Synthadora
    Topics:

Their network has the best working talent and their campaigns are always God tier.

Kay
    Topics:

When zendaya wasn’t in contention this placed herald Aniston like it was the best performance of the year on par with laura, I thought she was great but 3rd at best but now she’s overrated because she didn’t win? even though that makes sense can we please be more objective with the way we talk about performances rather with statements like “she’s a lock” or “she’s never ever going to get nominated” because always looking back at the end of emmy night those comments always aged badly.

It’s not because she didn’t win that I say this. I’ve never really enjoyed her performance as much as others here and always rolled my eyes whenever it was proclaimed as the best in the category. So… uhm yes I have a right to think it’s overrated when I’ve never seen anything special about it in the first place.

supermalt
    Topics:

It’s not because she didn’t win that I say this. I’ve never really enjoyed her performance as much as others here and always rolled my eyes whenever it was proclaimed as the best in the category. So… uhm yes I have a right to think it’s overrated when I’ve never seen anything special about it in the first place.

Those are the people who I’m talking about. I have the same sentiments as you, only not to a harsh degree.

Clarage
    Topics:

Laura was great but no one was robbed when a deserving performance won.

she was the most deserving imo

hopelesstar
    Topics:

Aniston’s performance is certainly not overrated here when people keep claiming she was bad (even though she was far from it) even after she lost.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

I —

marty
    Topics:

ugh, once again voters trying to be woke and vote for blacks, zendaya clearly won because she was the only black nominated, she is the least charismatic actor nominated and won, its not even laugh worthy porter and brown thankfully splitted the black vote so strong rightfully won even though cox lowkey outacted crudup should be thankful esposito and wright split the black vote, same with garner and newton & wiley

Lol, a racist makes a spam account to fill threads with how horrible and woke the emmys are for awarding 3 black people and 1 biracial woman. Comedy of the highest order.

Kay
    Topics:

Depends on the year. Two years ago, Amazon got Comedy and FX got Limited. But yes, their streak in the last 6 years has been astounding. Kinda curious if it’s unprecedented; might look it up later.

All of those shows that tried to dodge the hurricane that was Game of Thrones last year ended up flopping even harder this year. It’s so funny to me.

Like… Duffer Brother 1 and Duffer Brother 2, ya’ll could’ve just gave us the season, dodged the tsunami that was Succession this year, compete next year when it’s a bit less competitive for your fourth season. They may not have won much but they probably wouldn’t have lost so much ground in nominations. Same goes for at least one of The Handmaid‘s Tale, Big Little Lies, The Crown etc.

Tyler
    Topics:

If Stranger Things was released last May I think it’s very likely that Battle of Starcourt would’ve won directing.

marty
    Topics:

If Stranger Things was released last May I think it’s very likely that Battle of Starcourt would’ve won directing.

How?

Stranger Things will always be one of those shows that is enormously successful commercially and relevant in the mainstream, so it grabs a few above the line noms like Series and Actress, but will never win. It has the same appeal as GoT without the edginess. It’s a kids’ show.

Kay
    Topics:

Shawn Levy understands they may never win an Emmy. He’s just happy to be invited.

Tyler
    Topics:

How?

the show was on a decline but last year’s competition was abysmal, and it also would’ve been fresh on voters mind as opposed to a year in the past. If it were to be released that season I think it’s pretty easy to see that Harbour and directing would’ve gotten in, with writing and MBB not being out of the question either. From there, if GOT isn’t winning and director’s love there “names” (and I consider the Duffer’s a name) then I think that win would’ve been between Bateman and them.

marty
    Topics:

the show was on a decline but last year’s competition was abysmal, and it also would’ve been fresh on voters mind as opposed to a year in the past. If it were to be released that season I think it’s pretty easy to see that Harbour and directing would’ve gotten in, with writing and MBB not being out of the question either. From there, if GOT isn’t winning and director’s love there “names” (and I consider the Duffer’s a name) then I think that win would’ve been between Bateman and them.

ST was nominated for Directing in 2017 and 18, and lost to The Handmaid’s Tale and The Crown. In 2018, Ozark was also nominated, twice. As was GoT. THT was also nominated again in 2018. All three would have been ahead of ST in 2019, and so would Succession, which won Writing in the same night and the DGA.

Tyler
    Topics:

I think a standout episode of Stranger Things right after it aired would’ve been better positioned for a win than a hanging episode of The Handmaid’s Tale. Like I said, the win would’ve been between Starcourt and Ozark. That’s how I see it, maybe you disagree, no need to keep going back and forth.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 254 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.