Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)

Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 254 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca Giliberti
Rachel

• Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

for Drama Series when Jason Bateman was like “oh” when Succession won.

I think the sound is delayed for most people, and Sterling whispered. I think that explains his reaction!

wolfali
    Topics:

I think the sound is delayed for most people, and Sterling whispered. I think that explains his reaction!

That makes sense.

Where were him and Jen? I mean were they having a party in one of their houses because that didn’t seem very safe considering Covid…

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

estrelas
    Topics:

You know the best reactions of the night were really in Supporting Actress in a Drama Series. The way Sarah Snook, Helena Bonham Carter and Fiona Shaw were cheering for Garner when she won is how fellow nominees should react when someone wins. The worst reactions of the night were with Directing for a Comedy Series where Ramy Yousseff and the Palladinos were like wtf 

I was over the moon with their reaction. Funny I was rooting more for the other three that attended the zoom call but I was still happy for Julia. She’s a fantastic actress and a very sweet girl. The girls reactions just proved that and it also shows it wasn’t really a competition between them. Another funny thing is that all four girls that attended the call were most likely the final top4.

Regarding Schitt’s directing reactions, I’m not surprised tbh. Schitt’s Creek is a fantastic show but that directing win was extremely awful. So I’m really not that surprised the reactions weren’t that good. But I understand they shouldve been more subtle with their reactions.

wolfali
    Topics:

So in terms of wins out of the categories they were nominated in here is how each of the Drama Series nominees fared in terms of total Emmy wins out of the categories they were nominated in :

Better Call Saul – 1/7
    The Crown – 2/12
    The Handmaid’s Tale – 1/10
    Killing Eve – 0/7
    The Mandalorian – 7/13
    Ozark – 1/13
    Stranger Things – 1/8
    Succession – 7/12

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

We have to stan this achievement. My goodness.

Everyone knows how much I was rooting for Laura, but Zendaya’s career is going to blow up after this. And more people out there will feel encouraged to take risks, because “Euphoria” is audacious piece of television.

Nate
    Topics:

Good for Succession, but, man those acting wins really confused me! I was braced for Strong and Crudup. But Garner repeating? And Zendaya winning the same award that Angela Lansbury couldn’t win for 12 years in a row (I know, it’s a different television academy now, but still). If there is any silver lining to so many productions being delayed, it may be an open field for Season 4 of The Crown next year, which was royally (heh) robbed in so many categories this year.

methaddiction
    Topics:

How does Olivia Colman always know when she is or isn’t winning?

Hoster1
    Topics:

Zendaya is such a great win, even if her show is a hot mess lol.

hopelesstar
    Topics:

I just realized the 2 recent winners in lead actress played a lgbt character. We also had Viola and Tatiana playing one.

Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

And Viola did too!

hopelesstar
    Topics:

Yes I just edited, Tatiana too!

wolfali
    Topics:

And Jodie!

snowmobile
    Topics:

You know the best reactions of the night were really in Supporting Actress in a Drama Series. The way Sarah Snook, Helena Bonham Carter and Fiona Shaw were cheering for Garner when she won is how fellow nominees should react when someone wins. The worst reactions of the night were with Directing for a Comedy Series where Ramy Yousseff and the Palladinos were like wtf and for Drama Series when Jason Bateman was like “oh” when Succession won. I find it so funny that all the Drama Series nominees decided to attend the Zoom but then the producers of The Crown were like nah.

https://twitter.com/justanothertown/status/1307889206908207104?s=21

HBC is funny

wolfali
    Topics:

We have to stan this achievement. My goodness.   

Girl’s coming for that Oscar for Malcom and Marie next!

Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

She is included in the two recent winners 😉

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 254 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.