Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers

Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 475 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Philip
Luca Giliberti

• Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Waw, I am number 7 at the prediction center, I cannot believe it. It was a dream of mine to be on top 10 for the Emmys, it might sound dumb and superficial for many of you, but those are the only awards I have this kind of passion for, I am incredibly happy and proud. Thank you all for putting up with me 😀 And congrats to Eden for being number 4!!!

wolfali
    Topics:

Succession, Jeremy Strong, Billy Crudup, Julia Garner + winning =  

Fixed!

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Miles
    Topics:

Snook is likeable but I was actually surprised she got nominated.

She did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING compared to Garner

Sorry what?

wolfali
    Topics:

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel: 4

LOL pls. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel got shut out at the main ceremony but it still has more Emmys this year than The Crown and Ozark combined!

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

methaddiction
    Topics:

Succession winning Series, Lead Actor, Writing and Directing is literally a dream and Julia Garner repeating is iconic I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love her and Ruth.

Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

I hope we can now stop pretending that the number acting noms has anything to do with how many you win. I said from the beginning that Succession wasn’t going to sweep the acting races.

hopelesstar
    Topics:

Crudup was such an obvious win. The mental gymnastics some of you had those past few weeks to not predict him.

Potatohead
    Topics:

Different competition. Garner acts circles around Snook, and with Aduba and Smart is a little more complicated, but to be honest, both had just one good episode.

Disagree about Snook and Garner, tbh I was much more impressed with how Snook stepped up for her bigger role than how Garner’s performance continued to shine in a smaller one. To be fair Snook had much better material in this season than her previous while Garner had the opposite situation. Both delivered, but Snook just had the better season to really show her strengths in the role.

Also, I loved Jean Smart to death but Uzo Aduba absolutely deserved that award. Mrs. America was full of amazing supporting actresses but she stood out with the best performance in the best episode of the season. “She Was Killed By Space Junk” is a great submission, but “Shirley” gave Aduba the ability to display so much raw, heartbreaking emotion that she stole the season for me right then despite how small her role wound up being.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

If I were Julia Garner I would ask for an immediate raise. She is keeping Ozark and Netflix alive.

Totally, she and Billy Crudup as well. Crudup was a fan favorite and a critical darling even in the first 4 episodes that were panned by critics, the passion for him remained and took him here.

Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

Also, if Olivia Colman doesn’t bring it next season, she isn’t winning for this role. HBC is probably done seeing as though she’ll face competition on top of everything else.

Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Ruth Langmore is already a legendary character, isn’t she?

John Berchmans
    Topics:

I barely ever post on these forums, but I just want to say that I’m so happy for Zendaya. For thr longest time she was being typecast in teen/young adult romantic roles because of her Disney Channel background, but I always knew she was much more capable as an actress than people were giving her credit for, and she’s proved that without a shadow of a doubt tonight after her (I can only assume) massive upset. Here’s to a long career for her!

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

John Berchmans
    Topics:

Also, is this the first time a former Disney Channel actress has won a major industry award? Cause I’m pretty sure it is.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Clarage
    Topics:

12 times Emmy looser Sandra Oh :/

Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

Speaking of class acts, BLESS Fiona Shaw for that reaction. What a gracious, classy, kind person.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 475 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Drama Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers’ is closed to new replies.