Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Guest Categories

Emmys 2020 Guest Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 501 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
Luca
wolfali
Riley Chow
  • Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

She definitely did. She stated it early on in an interview that she handpicked Cicely for the role.

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

She definitely did. She stated it early on in an interview that she handpicked Cicely for the role.

That was a great choice!

Profile picture
    Dominique Deveraux
    Topics:

My Drama Guest Actress predictions and episode submissions:

Cicely Tyson – How to Get Away with Murder (“The Reckoning”)

Jane Lapotaire – The Crown (“Bubbikins”)

Alexis Bledel – The Handmaid’s Tale (“Mary and Martha”)

Cherry Jones – Succession (“Tern Haven”)

Julie Dretzin – The Handmaid’s Tale (“Witness”)

Mindy Kaling – The Morning Show (“No One’s Gonna Harm You, Not While I’m Around”)

Alt: Laverne Cox – OITNB (“God Bless America”), Julianna Marguiles – Billions (“Opportunity Zone”), Diane Guerrero – OITNB (“Minority Deport”), and Marsha Stephanie Blake – HTGAWM (“Vivian’s Here”).

Who am I? You'll find out soon. Ciao, for now!

Profile picture
    Dame Kate Winslet
    Topics:

Mindy barely appeared in Episode 5, and even entire series.

Profile picture
    Dominique Deveraux
    Topics:

Mindy barely appeared in Episode 5, and even entire series.

Which is why it’s a guest appearance. She was in more of Ep. 5 than she was in Ep. 2. Originally, I had Phylicia Rashad in her place, but I removed her because even in a relatively weak category, she had the least amount of screen time and the worst submission with “Flip A Coin.” She should’ve won last year with “Our Little Island Girl.”

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

At least Phylicia Rashad plays a proper, layered character and does something, while I can’t remember a single thing Mindy did on TMS. A guest nom for her would be on the level of Cherry for me. Heck, even her character has some depth.

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

I am yet to watch The Morning Show but Adina Porter seems like a likelier nominee in guest than Mindy Kaling. Both are not happening though.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

383 are predicting Tyson – and 236 for the win.

Such a shame we won’t see her on the stage this year though because of the whole situation.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Dominique Deveraux
    Topics:

At least Phylicia Rashad plays a proper, layered character and does something, while I can’t remember a single thing Mindy did on TMS. A guest nom for her would be on the level of Cherry for me. Heck, even her character has some depth.

This is true, Luca. But whether Mindy gets nominated or not, it’s not like she’ll win anyway. This is Cicely’s year.

Profile picture
    Dominique Deveraux
    Topics:

Such a shame we won’t see her on the stage this year though because of the whole situation.

The Creative Arts ceremony isn’t televised, so we wouldn’t see her accepting her award onstage anyway. But it’s happening in September. Will things not have returned to normal by then?

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

The Creative Arts ceremony isn’t televised

It is. On FXX. You could find clips on the Emmy website as well.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Rashad is winning. Even Cherry Jones said to everyone she should have won last year.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

But it’s happening in September. Will things not have returned to normal by then?

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Cherry also said how moved the was by Tyson’s clip. Tyson deserves to win. And if not her, then please let it be Alexis Bledel.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And if not her, then please let it be Alexis Bledel.

Oscars FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Guest Categories’ is closed to new replies.