Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Guest Categories

Emmys 2020 Guest Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 501 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
Luca
wolfali
Riley Chow
  • Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

I still think she’s gonna pull off a surprise win. The nomination is her hurdle.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Lol at predicting Mindy Kaling for a nomination in Drama Guest Actress! Huh?!

So she has never scored an acting nomination in Comedy (where her strength lies… although really in writing), but there are people out there that think she will receive her first acting nomination in Drama for a glorified cameo where she really wasn’t essential to the show’s plot???

Please explain your logic, because I don’t get it.

I do think Cicely Tyson is the frontrunner this year. It will be her 5th nomination for the role, she is a respected acting legend in her 90s and hasn’t won an Emmy in a really long time. Rashad could win it if they vote based on last year, but I have a feeling they might wait to award her.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I still stand by my point when I say Jane’s hurdle will be the nomination. If she gets nominated, and I mean IF she gets that nomination, I think she can very well win. Her performance and presence were one of the most acclaimed aspects of season 3 of The Crown, she has basically an episode all about her and she has the kind of performance that draws passion. I would LOVE to see Cicely win, but I keep asking myself if she’s another Diana Rigg or Phylicia Rashad. Everyone thinks or are confident enough that they’re winning and then lose to someone from a bigger show (Rashad losing to Cherry) or to someone from a more respected show by the acting branch (Diana losing to Samira).

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

I’d love to see Tyson win because I think she’s more than overdue for the role but in terms of actual performance this year there’s really no comparison between her and Lapotaire to be had

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I’d love to see Tyson win because I think she’s more than overdue for the role but in terms of actual performance this year there’s really no comparison between her and Lapotaire to be had

What do you mean?! Are you saying Lapotaire was better or Cicely? Sorry…sometimes I get a bit confused.

Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

I haven’t seen Tyson performance because I couldn’t get past the second season of HTGAWM. But she was great in the first season. If she’s good in the last season as she was in the first, in a perfect world the winner will be Tyson, Dretzin, Lapotaire or Jones (for Succession, not for THT).

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

What do you mean?! Are you saying Lapotaire was better or Cicely? Sorry…sometimes I get a bit confused.

I’m saying that Lapotaire was so much better that you can’t even fairly compare the two

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Well I completely (but respectfully) disagree. For me, Tyson towers over pretty much everyone, and honestly, her performance was so good that it didn’t feel like acting at all. But I’ve never understood the overwhelming hype for Lapotaire anyway – which could just be a result of me not liking the third season. If not for GD, I probably wouldn’t have thought about the performance a second time – but that’s just me 🙂

Profile picture
    Thiago
    Topics:

I don’t get how Lapotaire is in 7th in the odds. She gives an acclaimed performance in one of the frontrunners, that just won SAG esemble and is the show’s only push in the category. She should be a lock, or am I missing something?

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

While we’re on the subject of Cicely and her guest actress- drama counterparts.. just announced: Cicely Tyson Receives Peabody Career Achievement Award!

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I’m saying that Lapotaire was so much better that you can’t even fairly compare the two

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

it didn’t feel like acting at all.

No disrespect intended but isn’t this kind of the bare minimum expectation for an actor?

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Lol at predicting Mindy Kaling for a nomination in Drama Guest Actress! Huh?! So she has never scored an acting nomination in Comedy (where her strength lies… although really in writing), but there are people out there that think she will receive her first acting nomination in Drama for a glorified cameo where she really wasn’t essential to the show’s plot??? Please explain your logic, because I don’t get it.

The Morning Show seems to be appealing to actors and could arrive like This is Us did at the Emmys. They got Brian Tyree Henry nominated for singing a song in a glorified cameo, while he went overlooked for his iconic turn in Atlanta.

I don’t get how Lapotaire is in 7th in the odds. She gives an acclaimed performance in one of the frontrunners, that just won SAG esemble and is the show’s only push in the category. She should be a lock, or am I missing something?

Jodi Balfour was snubbed, despite an acclaimed performance that was the only push from The Crown in the category, with the show being a frontrunner that was coming off a SAG win. I just think that voters take these grandma performances for granted unless they are played by favourites like Cloris Leachman or Cicely Tyson.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Unfortunately she doesn’t have name recognition, wich could hurt her a lot. But I have faith in the Academy doing the right thing. And by that I mean winning!

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Guest Categories’ is closed to new replies.