Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 500 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Weird to see how Gillian Anderson and David Duchovony went on different paths in their careers. Jon Hamm/Elisabeth Moss is another example.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Jon Hamm not getting roles after THAT performance in Mad Men is never going to make sense.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Jon Hamm not getting roles after THAT performance in Mad Men is never going to make sense.

He was great in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

I love Anderson and how she can literally pop up on any show 🙂 better to have her on screen than away from it 🙂

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Just saw the mom finale (binged the last season….not a fan of the show but will say I watched for Janney since season 2). Janney has my fav of the comedy actress performances this season if she submits that.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

According to Deadline, Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist is expected to move from NBC to Peacock if it is renewed.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Low-key feel like without 30 Rock, he’d be un-hireable right now, since the industry would only see him as Don Draper.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

NBC will airing be Christmas specials for Kenan, Mr. Mayor and Young Rock

NBC Takes Page From British TV With Standalone Holiday Specials For ‘Young Rock’, ‘Kenan’ & ‘Mr. Mayor’

Oscars FYC:

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

All this recent TV goodwill Gillian has been getting is giving me major Regina King vibes. If she can find a strong film project in the next few years she’s coming for an Oscar.

Honestly I don’t think it’s even far fetched for her to achieve a triple crown in the next few years. She’s quite a revered thespian in the world of West End theatre so she only really need to replicate that success on Broadway and then…

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Looks like i’m gonna have to actually watch this now

It’s a lot of fun. Elle Fanning should have been nominated at the Emmys.

If you like something like The Favorite you’ll probably like this. A lot of absurd period humor lol Best way i can describe it.

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

It’s a lot of fun. Elle Fanning should have been nominated at the Emmys.

If you like something like The Favorite you’ll probably like this. A lot of absurd period humor lol Best way i can describe it.

Yh I don’t know why I haven’t watched it yet, The Favourites literally my favourite Best Picture nominee of the last decade

FYC SAG AWARDS

Kate Winslet, Murray Bartlett

TMS & THT in all Drama Categories

Ted Lasso & Sandra Oh

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Great gives me Succession vibes (especially with that support it seems to have from the writers branch). I think it could be a top contender for the series win next season if its sophomore season is more acclaimed than its last.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

The Great gives me Succession vibes (especially with that support it seems to have from the writers branch). I think it could be a top contender for the series win next season if its sophomore season is more acclaimed than its last.

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have to say that the resemblance between Anderson and Fanning is there! I am intrigued to see who they cast as Catherine when the show moves into its next iteration like The Crown (my vote would go to Carey Mulligan).

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Why the hell is Kenan Thompson so thirsty campaigning for Kenan ? He will get nominated for Saturday Night Live anyway and will probably win. Just chill, man.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.