Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 500 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I think she’s frontrunner for the Emmy next year, alongside Issa Rae and ofc Sandra Oh

I’m not sure how much of a frontrunner Issa Rae is considering Insecure performed at winter awards as if it didn’t even air. Final season narrative can only get you far when they don’t care that much.

Profile picture
    True Tenor
    Topics:

Hacks is going to upset Ted Lasso for best comedy. I’m calling it now. And Smart is going to win every award for the next year the way O’Hara just swept the season. She is a tour de force.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’m not sure how much of a frontrunner Issa Rae is considering Insecure performed at winter awards as if it didn’t even air. Final season narrative can only get you far when they don’t care that much.

Winter awards don’t like it, but the Emmys kinda have a soft spot for Insecure after S4.
    And while I would love nothing more for a Fanning win (i don’t even watch Insecure), and i know that the narrative of PoC isn’t nearly as strong here as it is at the Oscars, the last PoC to win Lead actress was America Ferrera in 08, so they might think about that as well.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Hacks is going to upset Ted Lasso for best comedy. I’m calling it now. And Smart is going to win every award for the next year the way O’Hara just swept the season. She is a tour de force.

Honey at this point I’m not even sure if Jean can upset Cuoco anymore. The show is not doing so well audience wise and both Ted Lasso and The Flights Attendant are hits.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Winter awards don’t like it, but the Emmys kinda have a soft spot for Insecure after S4. And while I would love nothing more for a Fanning win (i don’t even watch Insecure), and i know that the narrative of PoC isn’t nearly as strong here as it is at the Oscars, the last PoC to win Lead actress was America Ferrera in 08, so they might think about that as well.

I just think Insecure is typically the type of show that overperformed due to the low competition. The winter awards was very telling to me that the support didn’t grow. It missing SAG over 2 women show dead to me and 2 newbies with The Great and TFA was kinda unforgivable, not to mention Issa missing once again. SAG isn’t everything but it wasn’t just SAG.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Unless Barry is once again pushed back, I don’t see Insecure easily getting back in apart from maybe in actress.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby/Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion/Rebecca Hall/Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch/Andrew Garfield/Winston Duke
    Actress: Olivia Colman/Kristen Stewart/Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant/Troy Kotsur/Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva B

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I just think Insecure is typically the type of show that overperformed due to the low competition. The winter awards was very telling to me that the support didn’t grow. It missing SAG over 2 women show dead to me and 2 newbies with The Great and TFA was kinda unforgivable, not to mention Issa missing once again. SAG isn’t everything but it wasn’t just SAG.

Yeah you have a point.

Profile picture
    True Tenor
    Topics:

“Honey,” it literally just came out, and it will continue to work pick up steam. It has a better RT and meta critic score than either of those shows (which are also great btw). It’s been big on Twitter all weekend getting huge props from stars like Dan Levy and glowing reviews from every major trade and tv critic. As it gets closer to voting and more episodes come out, it has the potential to peak at the right moment, whereas Ted Lasso will feel like old news.

Not sure where your “audience wise” assertion is coming from? I haven’t heard from a person who has seen it who doesn’t love it.

This is going to be a closer race than we thought with Hacks VS Ted Lasso, and Flight Attendant and Girls5Eva (another show that is starting to rise at the right moment) rounding up the 3-4 spots.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

“Honey,” it literally just came out, and it will continue to work pick up steam. It has a better RT and meta critic score than either of those shows (which are also great btw). It’s been big on Twitter all weekend getting huge props from stars like Dan Levy and glowing reviews from every major trade and tv critic.

I mean I do think Hacks is a strong contender but Dan Levy also raved about Mare of Easttown and Pose last week. It doesn’t mean they’re going to upset over the series frontrunner lol.

FYC:
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy

Profile picture
    Ovaldinho
    Topics:

I know it’s probably the least interesting aspect of the comedy field (and this year that’s saying something), but what show do people think will get the multi-cam slot for directing? I’m currently thinking it’s a two-horse race between the Mom The Conners.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Hacks is going to upset Ted Lasso for best comedy.

I wouldn’t go that far. Let’s see how the rest of the season goes. I enjoyed the first 2 episodes and agree that Jean Smart will likely win Lead Actress, but from what I’ve seen, it would be my 4th choice in Comedy Series…

1) Ted Lasso
    2) Girls5eva
    3) The Flight Attendant
    4) Hacks

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I know it’s probably the least interesting aspect of the comedy field (and this year that’s saying something), but what show do people think will get the multi-cam slot for directing? I’m currently thinking it’s a two-horse race between the Mom The Conners.

Mom seems to have garnered a lot of visibility these past few weeks due to its finale so it is possible (kind of funny how if it does get the slot it will be the 3rd final season show in a row to be the multi-cam nominee). I went with The Conners because it returned to the editing category last year when it went from 5 to 4 slots whilst Mom was dropped and its CC performance tells me that it’s a show that is always on the bubble but breaks through due to a weaker field (I guess you could level this argument to Mom as well with its performance at CC but they’ve always stanned that show which they haven’t necessarily done with The Conners lol).

FYC:

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Should I keep Rosie Perez in or out of my top 8, I have very doubts…?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

According to Deadline, Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist is expected to move from NBC to Peacock if it is renewed.

That’s like the worst thing for its awards chances lol

FYC:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.