Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 500 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

I read a comment on an article a few weeks back about how they thought it was going to be a comedy with Jean Smart playing a hacker (which, 100% would watch) and now when I see Hacks mentioned, that’s all I think of.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Maya Rudolph’s team has not confirmed whether she is supporting or guest. She will not go over 50%, but Alec Baldwin submitted supporting several years in a row and didn’t come close to 50% sometimes.

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

Coming for his win.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

I think the 5 are fairly well known.

Cuoco, Ross, Levy, Janney and Erskine

For number 6 are the contenders…

* Cristin Milioti – Made for Love (HBO Max)

* Hailee Steinfeld – Dickinson (AppleTV+)

* Jean Smart – Hacks (HBO Max)

* Lena Waithe – Masters of None (Netflix)

Who do you think takes last place?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think the 5 are fairly well known. Cuoco, Ross, Levy, Janney and Erskine

None of Erskine, Janney and Levy are locked…

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Levy is actually more in danger than ever if Girls5eva is really a thing. Sara Bareilles and Renée Elise Goldsberry could overshadow her as contenders from a “musical”.

Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

I think the 5 are fairly well known. Cuoco, Ross, Levy, Janney and Erskine For number 6 are the contenders… * Cristin Milioti – Made for Love (HBO Max) * Hailee Steinfeld – Dickinson (AppleTV+) * Jean Smart – Hacks (HBO Max) * Lena Waithe – Masters of None (Netflix) Who do you think takes last place?

I agree with the poster above that the only locks are Cuoco and Ross. I do think Levy and Janney get in but I don’t think they’re locks, I’m less sure about Erskine because I just don’t know where the Emmys will land on PEN15

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Kaley Cuoco is the only lock for me, with Ellis-Ross almost there.

Everyone else is fighting. The girls are fightiiiing

On another note, thinking that this will be Kaley Cuoco first ever emmy nod will never be less than shocking for me.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

What to do with The Flight Attendant in Supporting ?

Michelle Gomez is easily the best supporting actress in the show. Her scenes with Kaley were hilarious. Zosia Mamet is a very recognizable face in TV, but I didn’t find her character to be particulary funny.

I refuse myself to predict Rosie Perez.

And Michiel Huisman… I honestly thought the serial killer guy was way better than him.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

What to do with The Flight Attendant in Supporting ?

Michelle Gomez is easily the best supporting actress in the show. Her scenes with Kaley were hilarious. Zosia Mamet is a very recognizable face in TV, but I didn’t find her character to be particulary funny.

I refuse myself to predict Rosie Perez.

And Michiel Huisman… I honestly thought the serial killer guy was way better than him.

IMO only Zosia could coattail, she is a very known face as you said and she’s the best friend, side kick role that gets the supporting nod since ever.

Hulsman will probably get in because of that barren ass field.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s hard to tell where Alison Janney is in this race. On the one hand she could easily slip back in like Andre Braugher last year. But it feels like not many people care about her or her work on Mom so much anymore. Whether that be through her triple shut out last year for MomThe Kominsky Method and Bad Education or the show’s drop in ratings and its cancellation.

What to do with The Flight Attendant in Supporting ? Michelle Gomez is easily the best supporting actress in the show. Her scenes with Kaley were hilarious. Zosia Mamet is a very recognizable face in TV, but I didn’t find her character to be particulary funny. I refuse myself to predict Rosie Perez. And Michiel Huisman… I honestly thought the serial killer guy was way better than him.

I have Zosia Mamet. I feel like although her performance is more dramatic than Gomez and Perez’s that she has more passion for her and we’ve seen the actors branch gravitate to the “best friend role” before in large ensembles in top contenders (Yvonne Orji, Sian Clifford).

Michiel Huisman could make it in due to his show being a top contender and the field being barren. But he also reminds me of James Marsden last year. It’s hard to tell.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

For real.

I liked Huisman (and Knight’s) performance well enough but they even wouldn’t be my top two supporting male picks from the show (Woodell & Matthews)

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Knight happens and not Huisman. He could have goodwill from Grey’s Anatomy (for which he was nominated for) and probably has worked with more people in the industry (on top of tv, he has been active in the theater community I believe). Some of Kaley’s best scene are with him, like the one in the restaurant or the phone call in jail.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.