Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 500 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

I’m two eps in to Master of None, and to label this season as a Comedy feels a bit like category fraud. Naomi Ackie does some great work, but this feels pure drama (and I’m not a big fan of the direction or the aspect ratio).

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Cecily Strong just became my pick for supporting actress in a comedy after last night. If that’s indeed her last episode, she just found her perfect submissison.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

So I watched Master of None S3. It doesn’t have any comedic elements though I still liked it. This could have been edited and released as a movie during the awards season and Naomi Ackie would have been an Oscar nominee. She was breathtaking in episode 4. I wish this wasn’t set in the world of Master of None. The reveal of Dev’s fate ruined the magic of S2 for me. They could have changed the names of Waithe and Ansari’s character and market is as a new story. Out of all comedy contenders it’s the most dramatic show so I’m not sure how it’ll affect its Emmy chances.

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Gonna have to predict Cecily now.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think at least one (if not both) of Hannah Einbinder and Naomi Ackie are missing the lineup now.

I’d also argue Maya Rudolph’s in danger too.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

I think at least one (if not both) of Hannah Einbinder and Naomi Ackie are missing the lineup now. I’d also argue Maya Rudolph’s in danger too.

It seems with Hacks that when I see people talking about it, they’re talking about Jean Smart. So I think Einbinder is a likely miss.

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Are we sure Maya won’t go guest

FYC WINTER TV AWARDS

Mare of Easttown and The White Lotus in all categories including: Kate Winslet, Jennifer Coolidge and Murray Bartlett

Ted Lasso in all categories

The Handmaids Tale in all categories including Series, The Morning Show in categories including Jennifer Aniston and Billy Crudup

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

It seems with Hacks that when I see people talking about it, they’re talking about Jean Smart. So I think Einbinder is a likely miss.

Yeah, she strikes me as someone who misses for the first season but gets nominated for the second season like Linda Cardellini and Jodie Comer.

Something that could help Einbinder is that she is a Lead in the Supporting category, but I also think she will miss. Sadly, because she’s win worthy.

Laraine Newman is her mother and she’s constantly posting stuff about Einbinder, maybe it could help her LOL

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Are we sure Maya won’t go guest

She’s only been in 8/20 episodes (the first 6 in the election run-up, Wiig’s episode and her own hosted one). I’m guessing maybe she was expected to be used more so initially went supporting and that just never materialised.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

It’d be smart to go guest, as it’ll probably get her the win again.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Tjuz
    Topics:

Not sure I understand the Hannah Einbinder love on here. She’s doing a perfectly capable job, but she’s hardly outstanding at any point. I don’t think it’s all that comparable to Sandra Oh/Jodie Comer who both give flashier and more impressive performances. Einbinder is way more overshadowed by her counterpart than either person in that duo ever was. The only way I see Einbinder getting in is if she rides on the coattails of the show’s hype (such as someone like Marin Hinkle), but I don’t see Hacks being competitive enough to have that effect. I can understand her being considered because this is a bit of a weak year, but I’d say that in a more competitive year she’d easily be a non-factor. Even then, I’d be shocked if she makes it in this year too.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Not sure I understand the Hannah Einbinder love on here. She’s doing a perfectly capable job, but she’s hardly outstanding at any point. I don’t think it’s all that comparable to Sandra Oh/Jodie Comer who both give flashier and more impressive performances. Einbinder is way more overshadowed by her counterpart than either person in that duo ever was. The only way I see Einbinder getting in is if she rides on the coattails of the show’s hype (such as someone like Marin Hinkle), but I don’t see Hacks being competitive enough to have that effect. I can understand her being considered because this is a bit of a weak year, but I’d say that in a more competitive year she’d easily be a non-factor. Even then, I’d be shocked if she makes it in this year too.

I feel the same tho, love Jean but Hannah is not doing it for me.
    Not anywhere near Comer or Cardelini at least.
    Perfect duo is in PEN15.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

2x Guest winner Bledel sounds good.

She was deserving last year when she actually had material.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

NGNG: No TFA Supporting Actress gets nominated.

I feel like if it’s top 2 in series that at least one of them will easily go along for the ride (a bit like how Yvonne Orji or William Jackson Harper/D’Arcy Carden slipped in last year for upper tier contenders even though they were non-factors for the win).

This is my same logic with predicting Kathleen Turner and Paul Reiser.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.