Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 502 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
hopelesstar
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s funnier than all contending shows combined.

Watch Pen15.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

feels more like, i dunno, kominsky.

Don’t be offensive to Hacks.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Both Hacks and Girls5Eva are not locks. I wouldn’t be surprised if both of them miss. Unlike drama and limited, people tend to watch older comedy shows so it’s always hard to know which comedies have buzz.

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

Anyone else sorta feel like this season of Master of None just came and went? Outside of here and a few websites last weekend I’ve barely seen anyone talk about it.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Anyone else sorta feel like this season of Master of None just came and went? Outside of here and a few websites last weekend I’ve barely seen anyone talk about it.

Someone here made a perfect comparison. What if Matthew Weiner wrote a Season 8 of Mad Men, but it was actually a 5-episode rom com featuring Pete and Trudy (or Peggy and Stan) in Wichita. It wouldn’t be nominated in the weak Drama field this year.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

It feels weird to ask this but could Hacks end up pulling a Handmaid’s Tale s1? It feels like its momentum is only increasing with each passing episode.

I honestly hope so. It’s been a while since I’ve been so baffled by a first season of a comedy series. Those previous two episodes are still stuck with me and I’m excited but also scared to see what else they have in store for the last four.

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

What if Matthew Weiner wrote a Season 8 of Mad Men, but it was actually a 5-episode rom com featuring Pete and Trudy (or Peggy and Stan) in Wichita.

Ok now I want this. Imagine having more of Elisabeth Moss as Peggy 😭😭😭

Profile picture
    ratednext
    Topics:

I’m really enjoying the new season of The Kominsky Method – three episodes done, three to go.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Maybe a good comparison would be if Rachel Menken got a spinoff in 2009.

I’d watch that lol (Maggie Siff should have won in guest for season 1).

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

thats Bc it was high brow boredom . Apart from Naomi it doesn’t deserve any nominations

Profile picture
    Sériextou
    Topics:

I really enjoyed The Kominsky Method season, even without Alan Arkin, it was really good, especially the last two episodes. Kathleen Turner comes strong for the nomination, the victory I don’t know. Douglas is at his best season. I really wanted the show to win something, and I think it has a chance, the actors seem to like the series. And a scene in the last episode can also be bait to get votes

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Looks like this is the best season of Kominsky Method indeed, i was baffled by the public score but it’s 90% about Alan Arkin’s departure and how they didn’t want Turner to be his “substitute”

Critics couldn’t care less tho, only 1 review on rotten tomatoes

Profile picture
    zkrons
    Topics:

Douglas’ performance in the finale is exquisite. No question that it was his best episode of the series.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.