Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 502 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
JV
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think it’s still Waddingham to lose, but man, this field is gonna stack up with SNL performers if all these folks are really leaving.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Noticed that the Supporting Actress category is probably going to be 100% white.

Rosie Perez, Naomi Ackie, Ego Nwodim, Noma Dumezweni, Wanda Sykes, Ashley Park and Punam Patel are the only POC contenders at the predictions center.

I don’t know how much voters think of diversity when casting a ballot, but after the Globes controversy I would consider it when making my predictions.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Noticed that the Supporting Actress category is probably going to be 100% white.

Rosie Perez, Naomi Ackie, Ego Nwodim, Noma Dumezweni, Wanda Sykes and Punam Patel are the only POC contenders at the predictions center.

I don’t know how much voters think of diversity when casting a ballot, but after the Globes controversy I would consider it when making my predictions.

I’m predicting Perez and Naomi
    But isn’t Rudolph on the prediction center as well?

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

I spent the weekend watching the two seasons of Ghosts, and it’s a shame that this series is not eligible for the Emmys (I suppose it must be a 100% British production). I loved it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I spent the weekend watching the two seasons of Ghosts, and it’s a shame that this series is not eligible for the Emmys (I suppose it must be a 100% British production). I loved it.

Hopefully it gets in at the International Emmys!

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

First of all I had no idea that Waddingham was the evil nun in Game of thrones 🤯.

Ghost is hilarious . I’m glad that they have been filming new season. Also, we are getting American version in the fall from CBS.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Hacks gives me severe Barry vibes. Expecting it to be nominated across the board: Series, Actress, S. Actress, Writing, Directing, P. Editing, S. Mixing, S. Editing, P. Design, C. Costumes and Casting.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The buzz for Cecily really is there.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

Did we jump the gun by predicting Master of None? I mean, we had borderline category frauds getting nominated before, but this season really shouldn’t be nominated at all as a Comedy Series… literally all the main contenders on the drama side, apart maybe from The Handmaid’s Tale, have more comedic aspects than it.

Naomi Ackie was superb, though. She should be giving Gillian Anderson a run for her money on the drama side.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The buzz for Cecily really is there. https://twitter.com/chrisharnick/status/1396477826409324549

She would be so deserving of the win sorry to the other girlies.

Profile picture
    zkrons
    Topics:

Regarding SNL, it seems to me that Strong and Davidson are definitely leaving, with Thompson and McKinnon being strong possibilities. I don’t think Bryant is leaving (especially because Shrill has ended and she had no moment like Strong and Davidson did and McKinnon sort of did). I think if Davidson leaves, he might get in, but otherwise, I think it will Strong, Bryant, & McKinnon in S. Actress & Thompson and Yang in S. Actor. Do we know for sure that Rudolph is being submitted in supporting?

Profile picture
    zkrons
    Topics:

I also just finished Ted Lasso (just got Apple TV+ lol), and I think, while a lot of the supporting actors did well, the only undeniable one to me is Brett Goldstein. If they only get one in, it should be him. If they get a second, it’s tough because I think Mohammed is consistently funny, but might be a but too pathetic a character, leading Hunt to be the better second nominee.

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

I really hope we don’t see a Davidson nomination. I don’t think it’s a given that someone’s last season means they’re getting an Emmy nom. But Cecily is a must for the Supporting Actress race. Could watch her as Jeannine Pirro all day. The only thing that makes me think she could miss is that she missed the first half of the season.

It did feel like Aidy Bryant had a lot of screentime on this last episode too, which did make me think this was her last outing, while McKinnon actually didn’t seem to have that much of a final episode showcase (but then every other episode is basically a Kate McKinnon showcase). I wish they’d just announce in advance rather than making us wait.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I also just finished Ted Lasso (just got Apple TV+ lol), and I think, while a lot of the supporting actors did well, the only undeniable one to me is Brett Goldstein. If they only get one in, it should be him. If they get a second, it’s tough because I think Mohammed is consistently funny, but might be a but too pathetic a character, leading Hunt to be the better second nominee.

Brendan Hunt already has his submission scene.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Brendan Hunt is like glued on Sudeikis the whole series.
    If you see one you see both, if Ted Lasso is this big frontrunner and with that empty ass field, i think he is the first of the men to be checked.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.