Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 502 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
JV
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It also helps that you immediately know who Brendan Hunt is playing when you read the name “Coach Beard” on the ballot.

I do think Nick Mohammed is the likeliest though. He seems to have a lot of individual buzz going for him and Apple are pushing him hard.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    rstang00
    Topics:

Apple are pushing him hard.

You think? It’s all pretty equal.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You think?

Hey Ralph I noticed this!

But anyway you’re right I probably should have said “seem to be” instead of “are” lol.

Keep up the campaigning work!

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

Did we jump the gun by predicting Master of None? I mean, we had borderline category frauds getting nominated before, but this season really shouldn’t be nominated at all as a Comedy Series… literally all the main contenders on the drama side, apart maybe from The Handmaid’s Tale, have more comedic aspects than it. Naomi Ackie was superb, though. She should be giving Gillian Anderson a run for her money on the drama side.

I still don’t get why people are so confident in it. Just think about it. If Matthew Weiner had dropped a Mad Men Season 8 in 2019, but it was actually just a 5-episode comedy season about Pete and Trudy in Wichita, I doubt it would have even been nominated in the tragically empty drama field that year. So why do people think a Master of None Season 3 that isn’t a comedy, a full season of tv, or even about the main characters of the show will do that well?

Regarding SNL, it seems to me that Strong and Davidson are definitely leaving, with Thompson and McKinnon being strong possibilities. I don’t think Bryant is leaving (especially because Shrill has ended and she had no moment like Strong and Davidson did and McKinnon sort of did). I think if Davidson leaves, he might get in, but otherwise, I think it will Strong, Bryant, & McKinnon in S. Actress & Thompson and Yang in S. Actor. Do we know for sure that Rudolph is being submitted in supporting?

I think Kenan has explicitly (or at least close to it) said he isn’t leaving.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

This season/spinoff/whatever of Master of None is being talked about, my mainly concern is if voters will want to nominate a Master of None who isn’t Master of None.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

At this point if your show isn’t titled “Ted Lasso”, “The Flight Attendant”, “Hacks” or “The Kominsky Method”, your series nomination will be a surprise to me lol.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Renée Elise Goldsberry is campaigning quite heavily, I wouldn’t be surprised if she does THR roundtable or Variety’s Actors on Actors. I think she is regardless of how Girls5Eva performs in other categories.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

At this point if your show isn’t titled “Ted Lasso”, “The Flight Attendant”, “Hacks” or “The Kominsky Method”, your series nomination will be a surprise to me lol.

Hope this empty field means Girls5Eva could get a nod.
    One can dream

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Girls5Eva numbers on IMDB are tragic. 851 votes and a 7.3 rating.

For comparison, Hacks has 826 and a 8 rating with only 4 episodes released.

Profile picture
    rstang00
    Topics:

Hey Ralph I noticed this!

But anyway you’re right I probably should have said “seem to be” instead of “are” lol.

Keep up the campaigning work!

It was part of this: Emmy Magazine Bio Pics

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Emmy Magazine Bio Pics

Ah thanks for sharing! My apologies for the error haha.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Helen Mirren will moderate a panel for PEN15

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

HelenSAG

Oscars FYC:

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

Pen15 seems pretty solidly in at this point.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Pen15 seems pretty solidly in at this point.

Forgot Pen15 lol. Yeah I agree.

I hope both Erskine and Konkle also make it in for acting this time round.

Oscars FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.