Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 502 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
hopelesstar
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I am not predicting her but I feel like Bette Midler might end up being this year’s Samira Wiley.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, Shiva Baby, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall, Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Andrew Garfield, Winston Duke/James McAvoy
    Actress: Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant, Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Renée is ahead of Konkle right? I dropped her now.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Think I’m dropping Ellis Ross now that it’s down to 5 nominees. I feel like she could easily get bumped for a contenders with more passion (like the PEN15 and Girls5eva ladies). I think I’m leaning towards a lineup of Smart, Cuoco, both PEN15 ladies and Renée, but I’m tempted to predict Sara because she’s on the first (or second?) page of the ballot and she’s a recognizable name (has been nominated for an Emmy before).

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I’m worried about the Pen15eva duos, only three shows have managed to get multiple leads nominated in a field of 5 (Soap, Golden Girls & Desperate Housewives).

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I have no idea what to do lol

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

I’m worried about the Pen15eva duos, only three shows have managed to get multiple leads nominated in a field of 5 (Soap, Golden Girls & Desperate Housewives).

Same problem for the Cobra Kai leads.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Same problem for the Cobra Kai leads.

I’m thinking of dropping both.
    It missed Stunt that is like it’s biggest think, could demonstrate that the show isn’t something they’ll embrace.

We might end up getting Danson and Thompson after all

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I’m thinking of dropping both.
    It missed Stunt that is like it’s biggest think, could demonstrate that the show isn’t something they’ll embrace.

It missed Stunt Coordination, but it got in the Stunt Performance category.

I have no idea what’s the difference between them.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It missed Stunt Coordination, but it got in the Stunt Performance category.

I have no idea what’s the difference between them

That makes two of us

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

MF

Prayer circle for McElhenney & Tudyk.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Think I’m dropping Ellis Ross now that it’s down to 5 nominees. I feel like she could easily get bumped for a contenders with more passion (like the PEN15 and Girls5eva ladies). I think I’m leaning towards a lineup of Smart, Cuoco, both PEN15 ladies and Renée, but I’m tempted to predict Sara because she’s on the first (or second?) page of the ballot and she’s a recognizable name (has been nominated for an Emmy before).

It’s easy to assume that Tracee Ellis Ross is someone who always gets a significant amount of votes but misses due to competition but she could very well be the type of performer who misses one year because voters have the mentality that “they don’t need my vote” but then the following year gets back in after voters vote for them after realising they were snubbed the previous year.

FYC:
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

It’s easy to assume that Tracee Ellis Ross is someone who always gets a significant amount of votes but misses due to competition but she could very well be the type of performer who misses one year because voters have the mentality that “they don’t need my vote” but then the following year gets back in after voters vote for them after realising they were snubbed the previous year.

Whenever we’re dealing with someone in a long running show who’s missed before, I usually just go straight to – what is the competition like?

If the category is weak then I think they can happen again. But if the category is strong, then it’s really up in the air. It’s like Viola Davis last year – I remember not predicting her because I knew she missed before and I knew that category was stacked. I also just always think that a show like Black-ish most likely isn’t getting any new voters this late into its run lol. The people voting for Ellis Ross are probably the people who have always voted for her. If there are enough brand new shiny contenders, I think they could jump ahead.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Whenever we’re dealing with someone in a long running show who’s missed before, I usually just go straight to – what is the competition like? If the category is weak then I think they can happen again. But if the category is strong, then it’s really up in the air. It’s like Viola Davis last year – I remember not predicting her because I knew she missed before and I knew that category was stacked. I also just always think that a show like Black-ish most likely isn’t getting any new voters this late into its run lol. The people voting for Ellis Ross are probably the people who have always voted for her. If there are enough brand new shiny contenders, I think they could jump ahead.

Totally agree. I guess another example would be <i>The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel </i>missing writing again last year in spite of the field being weaker and it making it into WGA again after its Emmy snub because of the rising passion for What We Do in the Shadows.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Totally agree. I guess another example would be <i>The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel </i>missing writing again last year in spite of the field being weaker and it making it into WGA again after its Emmy snub because of the rising passion for What We Do in the Shadows.

Yeah, it’s really just all about if enough people (or if the right people) have seen PEN15 and Girls5eva. If you think they have (like I do) then an Ellis Ross snub makes sense. I wouldn’t argue with someone who disagrees though because I’m definitely not 100% confident in that prediction lol.

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

Don’t you put that evil on us, Victor! Don’t you put that on us!

FYC Oscars: The Mitchells vs The Machines (Best Picture, Animated Feature, Original Screenplay), Paul Thomas Anderson (Best Director, Original Screenplay), Wes Anderson (Best Director), Denzel Washington (The Tragedy of MacBeth), Andrew Garfield and Robin de Jesus (Tick, Tick...BOOM!), Jayne Houdyshell (The Humans), Stephen Karam (Adapted Screenplay), Attica and Summer of Soul (Best Documentary)

FYC Razzies: Dear Evan Hansen (in all eligible categories)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.