Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 502 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
JV
  • Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

I’m thinking of dropping both. It missed Stunt that is like it’s biggest think, could demonstrate that the show isn’t something they’ll embrace. We might end up getting Danson and Thompson after all

McElhenny still makes way more sense to me than Thompson even if Cobra Kai completely flops though.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah, it’s really just all about if enough people (or if the right people) have seen PEN15 and Girls5eva. If you think they have (like I do) then an Ellis Ross snub makes sense. I wouldn’t argue with someone who disagrees though because I’m definitely not 100% confident in that prediction lol.

I’m worried that the Pen15 ladies are in danger of pulling a Little Fires Everywhere in actress but the fact that I have the show in my top 4 in series makes me feel at least a little bit more confident.

I feel like Girls5Eva is seen enough to get nominated in the individual acting categories but I’m ironically not sure about series. I feel like it will pull a Dead to Me/Killing Eve and just get a lead actress nomination for Goldsberry and maybe a writing nom.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

McElhenny still makes way more sense to me than Thompson even if Cobra Kai completely flops though.

Hope you’re right!

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

I guess I just don’t understand the argument for Thompson. The show isn’t an audience or critical hit and Thompson has only ever gotten 2 acting noms so it’s not like he’s a namecheck.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I hope you’re right. Thompson (and Danson) are the textbook definitions of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Cobra Kai coming for 0 above the line noms

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I would actually suggest people watch an ep or two of Resident Alien before ruling out Tudyk or that show. It is exactly the type of show and performance an older cable viewer/voter would like and I am pretty sure it’s on free Peacock too as well as Syfy and people seem pretty comfortable about voting for Girls5Eva. I watched it sick in bed one day and it was such an easy watch. It’s also SO clearly only Tudyk I would imagine all votes for the show would go to him.

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

why does it only become 5 or 7 that you can submit to the predictions instead of 6 or 8?

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

why does it only become 5 or 7 that you can submit to the predictions instead of 6 or 8?

The number of submissions fell short of what it needed to be 6 and 8.
    It’s what it needed to be 5 and 7.

Profile picture
    antony
    Topics:

Jean Smart, Kenan Thompson and Tracee Ellis Ross are among several artists who will earn a star on the Walk of Fame in 2022. 

Profile picture
    zkrons
    Topics:

I think the Pen15 gets one in and Cobra Kai could get one if the Emmys don’t care about Mythic Quest, but I think McElhenny getting in with Sudeikis, Douglas, Anderson, and Danson makes more sense.

Profile picture
    zkrons
    Topics:

Thoughts of Naomi Ackie getting in now that we know she’s first on the ballot?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What happens if I don’t change my supporting comedy predictions at all to keep the 8 predictions in each category and I get 7 out of 8 in both categories correct?

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

Thoughts of Naomi Ackie getting in now that we know she’s first on the ballot?

I always had her, hehe

Emmys FYC: Jean Smart.

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

What happens if I don’t change my supporting comedy predictions at all to keep the 8 predictions in each category and I get 7 out of 8 in both categories correct?

GD will implode on itself and create an all-consuming black hole.

Emmys FYC: Jean Smart.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.