Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 502 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
JV
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

GD will implode on itself and create an all-consuming black hole.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

Jean Smart 

You telling me she didn’t have one? What a disgrace

Emmys FYC: Jean Smart.

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

Maybe in the center of the black hole is her Oscar nod for For Your Consideration

Robbery

Emmys FYC: Jean Smart.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Maybe in the center of the black hole is her Oscar nod for For Your Consideration Robbery

When she pulls an Allison Janney and gets a supporting role in an Oscar vehicle and wins…

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Girls5eva and Renée Elise Goldsberry are finally on the Top 8 at the combined odds!

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Colin Woodell (The Flight Attendant) is the 2nd name of half of the ballots for Comedy Supporting and given how prominent his role in the show (especially near the end), I wouldn’t be surprised if he pops up on nomination morning.

Oscars FYC:

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I know they’ve never got in before but I feel quite strongly that there are a lot of things in Superstore’s favour this year. They have a stronger narrative than other years – they’re a diverse show showing frontline workers in a year where people recognised how hard that was, they seem to have had a late-season binge uptick (maybe not like Schitt’s, but it’s definitely there), They got a lot of press this year for working out how to tackle the circumstances, most of it positive.

I also think if you’re a voter who tends towards network comedy, Black-ish is winding down, and none of the other NBC competitors – Mr Mayor, Kenan, Zoey’s – are breakouts, and The Good Place has ended.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Started watching Pen15 last night. The show is so good. Watched the first three and I can’t wait to binge the rest. Highly recommend.

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

I feel like John Early has a better chance of getting nominated than about 3/4 of the comedy supporting actor options but for some reason he still hasn’t been added to the prediction centre.

Emmy FYC!!: Pen15, Mare of Easttown, The Crown and The Handmaid’s Tale in all categories.

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

I know they’ve never got in before but I feel quite strongly that there are a lot of things in Superstore’s favour this year. They have a stronger narrative than other years – they’re a diverse show showing frontline workers in a year where people recognised how hard that was, they seem to have had a late-season binge uptick (maybe not like Schitt’s, but it’s definitely there), They got a lot of press this year for working out how to tackle the circumstances, most of it positive. I also think if you’re a voter who tends towards network comedy, Black-ish is winding down, and none of the other NBC competitors – Mr Mayor, Kenan, Zoey’s – are breakouts, and The Good Place has ended.

I don’t think there really are that many voters who care about network comedies though. Shows like New Girl, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Mom, and Superstore have missed so much this decade. The only 2 new big 4 network comedies of the past decade to break out at the Emmys are Black-ish and The Good Place, and the latter took a while to build up support. It can happen, but I think being a network show hurts it. It certainly doesn’t help.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The way I don’t know what to do with Master of None lol

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think it’s fairly safe in series due to the goodwill the <i>Master of None</i> brand has but yeah I can see it being this year’s <i>Curb Your Enthusiasm </i>and just get series + below the line nominations.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

Colin Woodell (The Flight Attendant) is the 2nd name of half of the ballots for Comedy Supporting and given how prominent his role in the show (especially near the end), I wouldn’t be surprised if he pops up on nomination morning.

He is far more deserving than Michael Huisman.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

What happens if I don’t change my supporting comedy predictions at all to keep the 8 predictions in each category and I get 7 out of 8 in both categories correct?

Have you managed to keep them? My 8th spot instantly disappeared. I had to rearrange one of them because it turned out that my last spot wasn’t actually the one I had least confidence in lol

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Have you managed to keep them? My 8th spot instantly disappeared. I had to rearrange one of them because it turned out that my last spot wasn’t actually the one I had least confidence in lol

Some of them disappeared to me, some stayed
    I still have 6 actors, all others were down 1 spot.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.