Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 502 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
JV
  • Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

When she wins everything just for this https://twitter.com/georgie_rae_/status/1404847000525410308?s=21

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Have you managed to keep them? My 8th spot instantly disappeared. I had to rearrange one of them because it turned out that my last spot wasn’t actually the one I had least confidence in lol

I just haven’t changed my predictions in supporting actress, supporting actor and actress at all since the ballots dropped.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

When she wins everything just for this https://twitter.com/georgie_rae_/status/1404847000525410308?s=21

I- WTF? You can’t be serious can you?!

I already had “New Eyes” as her submission in my personal awards but this makes her even more secure for the win in my awards now lol.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Are we underestimating Mellisa Villasenor? She’s next to Hannah Waddingham on the ballot.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I do think we’re going to get a third SNL actress besides Strong and McKinnon.

There’s been a trend of recognizing underrecognized prospects of the show, like Vanessa Bayer, Aidy Bryant and Cecily Strong. All of them were out of the radar.

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

Are we underestimating Mellisa Villasenor? She’s next to Hannah Waddingham on the ballot.

No one views her as a standout of SNL, she has no chance. People overrate how much being next to someone on a ballot helps someone. SNL could get 5 supporting actress noms and she still wouldn’t be one of them.

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

I do think we’re going to get a third SNL actress besides Strong and McKinnon. There’s been a trend of recognizing underrecognized prospects of the show, like Vanessa Bayer, Aidy Bryant and Cecily Strong. All of them were out of the radar.

We’ve only gotten 3 SNL actresses in a category twice before though. It certainly could happen, but it’s not that common of an occurrence and will be hard to pull off when the top 4 series contenders each have 1-3 supporting actress contenders.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Posted this on the guest acting thread but since 2015 every comedy guest actress nominee (excl. Carrie Fisher who received a posthumous nom for Catastrophe) has either been in a series nominee or been in a show that has been nominated either above or below the line that same year. In fact with the exception of Bette Midler each of these non series nominees have been from shows nominated in another acting category that same year.

Say Hacks, The Kominsky Method, Pen15, Ted Lasso and The Flight Attendant are the only “safe” series nominees. If each of these performers shows miss series and they get nominated in guest, it’s more than likely their show will receive an additional acting nomination.

My guesses:

– Bernadette Peters = Jane Levy/Alex Newell

– Judi Dench = Samuel L. Jackson/Michael Sheen

– Susan Sarandon/Shalita Grant/Michaela Watkins = Alia Shawkat/John Early

– Elizabeth Schue = William Zabka/Ralph Macchio

– Tina Fey/Vanessa Williams = Renée Elise Goldsberry

– America Ferrera = Ben Feldman/Nicco Santos

One could also argue that depending on how high Issa Rae is in the comedy guest actress race for A Black Lady Sketch Show that this stat could help Robin Thede’s nomination chances (although ABLSS is probably not getting dropped from series considering how well it did last year in noms in a stronger field).

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

It’s interesting that it’s easy to imagine 5 drama series getting 4+ acting nominations (The Crown, The Handmaid’s Tale, This Is Us, Lovecraft Country, The Mandalorian), but only Ted Lasso and SNL seem locked for it on the comedy side (though Kominsky has a good shot at it as well, and The Flight Attendant still could).

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

Love Melissa Villasenor – her Dolly is one of my favourite Update pieces of the year – but she goes missing for episodes at a time and hasn’t really made a big mark after five years (whereas McKinnon/Bryant/Strong were all firmly part of the furniture after that time). No chance she makes it. She strikes me as someone who’ll leave soon, and do the comedy guest star circuit (a bit like Bayer’s been doing).

Ego is the one who’s most likely to happen after Cecily/Kate, and definitely in the coming years.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Can I ask about people’s confidence on Pen15? Is it the WGA nom and the previous writing nom? I like Pen15 a lot but I never feel people are watching it?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Can I ask about people’s confidence on Pen15? Is it the WGA nom and the previous writing nom? I like Pen15 a lot but I never feel people are watching it?

Hulu are campaigning for it, it’s a weak field and it feels like a show that has more industry visibility than audience visibility (something we see often help nominations wise).

Both leads could miss but with the amount of time voters have had to watch both seasons the actors could have “caught up on it in secret”. It’s probably safe in series regardless considering how strong its writers branch support seems to be (like <i>What We Do in the Shadows</i>).

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I do think we’re going to get a third SNL actress besides Strong and McKinnon.

There’s been a trend of recognizing underrecognized prospects of the show, like Vanessa Bayer, Aidy Bryant and Cecily Strong. All of them were out of the radar.

Fineman and Nwodim feel primed to take up a potential third SNL slot.

Both have gathered great individual buzz throughout the season, were centre involved in some of the most known sketches of the season and will probably take the female leads if the rumours of all of McKinnon, Bryant & Strong leaving this season are true.

Oscars FYC:

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I could be wrong, I have nothing tangible, but I really feel it in the air/on the web for Hacks right now. I feel like the buzz has only grown since the finale. I think Smart is ahead of Cuoco at this point, I think she’s poising a real threat to Sudeikis at TCA, and I think it’s very competitive for the win in writing. I also think Einbeinder is for sure in.

Profile picture
    TheCineMike
    Topics:

I think she has a chance, but I’m not predicting her yet.

Twitter: @TheCineMike

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.