Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 502 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
JV
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

David Fincher on the set of Emily In Paris today. When we are collectively underestimating this and it gets multiple nominations… it is after all Netflix first push here.

Profile picture
    David Buchanan
    Topics:

It’s about time more experts start taking Jean Smart seriously. The release date of Hacks is incredibly opportune, and Smart is brilliant in a role that’s genuinely comedic with shades of drama, and not the other way around. Definitely a close race between Cuoco and Smart, but Smart being sixth in terms of total users predicting a nomination? Foolishness.

Formerly known as PianoMann.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

At this point I’m leaning towards Jean as well, it’s sad but predictions can’t be what we like to win so, yeah.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

David Fincher on the set of Emily In Paris today. When we are collectively underestimating this and it gets multiple nominations… it is after all Netflix first push here.

It could happen in Series because it will get a lot of crafts nominations and Netflix could score a second nom if Master of None gets ignored (which I think it’s going to happen).

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

I just binged the whole of Season 3 of The Kominsky Method and I loved it. I wasn’t a massive fan of Season 2, but this season was a huge step up. Also an incredibly emotional season. Michael Douglas was fantastic, Kathleen Turner was incredible- loved her storyline. Sarah Baker had a lot of screen time this season which I really enjoyed. Paul Reiser was pretty average tbh.

FYC WINTER TV AWARDS

Mare of Easttown and The White Lotus in all categories including: Kate Winslet, Jennifer Coolidge and Murray Bartlett

Ted Lasso in all categories

The Handmaids Tale in all categories including Series, The Morning Show in categories including Jennifer Aniston and Billy Crudup

Profile picture
    David Buchanan
    Topics:

Kathleen Turner was incredible- loved her storyline.

She’d be a great winner, actually, if Hannah Waddingham didn’t have the category sewn up. Turner doesn’t have an Emmy nomination yet, but this will be a very deserving role for her first.

Formerly known as PianoMann.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I only watched the first episode of this new season of The Kominsky Method and this was probably the funniest/better episode the show has had so far? It really surprised me cuz I thought the first two seasons were from good to mediocre.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    zkrons
    Topics:

Kathleen Turner is quite good on the show. No replacement for Arkin, but such is life.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I just binged the whole of Season 3 of The Kominsky Method and I loved it. I wasn’t a massive fan of Season 2, but this season was a huge step up. Also an incredibly emotional season. Michael Douglas was fantastic, Kathleen Turner was incredible- loved her storyline. Sarah Baker had a lot of screen time this season which I really enjoyed. Paul Reiser was pretty average tbh.

Didn’t watch yet but i love the show, unpopular i know.
    Looking forward to.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Me after episode 6:

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, Shiva Baby, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall, Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Andrew Garfield, Winston Duke/James McAvoy
    Actress: Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant, Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    GnarlieStCloud
    Topics:

It realistically could be nominated in Comedy Series. It had monster ratings,will get a lot nominations in the tech/craft categories and Lily Collins and Ashley Park are fringe contenders for a nomination.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

It realistically could be nominated in Comedy Series. It had monster ratings,will get a lot nominations in the tech/craft categories and Lily Collins and Ashley Park are fringe contenders for a nomination.

The number one reason of an award show like Emmy is (realistically) promoting certain shows that have a great quality to the public. Such a universally-disliked show like Emily in Paris not only doesn’t need a promotion, but also will harm the credibility (or even rating) of the Emmy itself. They don’t want to be cancelled like Globe, do they?

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

And we shouldn’t trust Netflix’s ratings. Ever since they started with the 2 minutes bullshit all of their shows/movies have high ratings now.

I couldn’t get past the first episode of Emily in Paris, but according to Netflix, I watched the show.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.