Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 8)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 521 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
methaddiction
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

GIRL

Bill Hader and Nicholas Hoult to that lead next year…

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Bill Hader and Nicholas Hoult to that lead next year…

Nicholas Hoult isn’t doing anything hun.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yet 😉

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Moving Brett Goldstein up to second. I still maintain that no actor from Ted Lasso is strong enough to overcome a vote-split (and that Bowen Yang has a lot of passion) but he has a lot of healthy buzz at the right time.

At this point what does Kenan Thompson even have going for him in this race? He’s not leaving SNL and his work on the show doesn’t have as much passion as Yang’s. Sure he got double nominations but so did Aidy Bryant.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

But he is hun. He’s coming to stomp on his competition.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

But he is hun. He’s coming to stomp on his competition.

Like he did for season 1? 

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

He wouldn’t be the first nor the last to win for season 2 despite getting snubbed for season 1. So yeah…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Between those aforementioned 3, Hoult is my least favorite and i still adore his performance.
    But Sudeikis and Hader outsold

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Between those aforementioned 3, Hoult is my least favorite and i still adore his performance. But Sudeikis and Hader outsold

I like all three performances a lot but probably Hader the most.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I like all three performances a lot but probably Hader the most.

I’ll just reply when Jason have his own gif.

Profile picture
    Labyrinth
    Topics:

The writing category feels a bit like The People vs OJ Simpson writing race.The highest prediction was for the pilot but ultimately it was the most critically acclaimed episode( Marcia Marcia Marcia) that won. I feel Make Rebecca great again could pull that off here.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Just finished The Flight Attendant (I’m late I know) and am I missing something? Because WHY is Gomez not nominated???

In all seriousness, I liked the show a lot more than I thought I would, despite some writing mishaps (particularly the climactic scene in the finale). Kaley is definitely win-worthy in this field as well. All 3 supporting ladies deserved to get in. If I had seen it before noms, I would’ve correctly predicted Huisman to miss.

For Your Consideration:

Carrie Coon, ‘The Gilded Age’ (no I haven’t seen it, but we have no choice but to stan anyway)

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Because WHY is Gomez not nominated???

Tea. Her delivery of “Fuck you” in that car scene alone was win-worthy. Not even we nominated her, which was frustrating. She, Zosia and Rosie all deserved.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Michelle Gomez indeed deserved to get nominated for The Flight Attendant. She is criminally underrated in general as a comedic talent. Her performance on Green Wing is one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen.

Oscars FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.