Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 8)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 521 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
methaddiction
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrqMdAAEmuo&ab_channel=Variety Speaking of Hannah. I love them.

The way they are perfect
    So excited to see them both again very soon.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Hannah has such a beautiful singing voice.

After ‘Make Rebecca Great Again’ i was expecting a full cover of Let it Go on Spotify
    Still expecting Mrs Waddingham.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Doing this for each of the series categories. Here are each of the branches that the series nominees received nominations from this year:

Hacks (9): Acting, casting, cinematography, costumes, editing, directing, production design, sound mixing, writing

Ted Lasso (9): Acting, casting, directing, editing, music composition, production design, sound editing, sound mixing, writing

The Flight Attendant (7): Acting, casting, directing, editing, music composition, production design, writing

Black-ish (3): Acting, costumes, hairstyling

Cobra Kai (3): Sound editing, sound mixing, stunts

The Kominsky Method (3): Acting, casting, sound mixing

Pen15 (2): Casting, writing

Emily in Paris (1): Production design

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Pen15 didn’t get sound, it got writing

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Pen15 didn’t get sound, it got writing

Oops sorry. Too much typing not enough thinking!

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

– Emily in Paris (1): Production design

I have my problems with Emily in Paris but how did it miss out on costumes?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

<i>Emily in Paris</i> missing costumes might actually suggest Mare of Easttown is stronger than we think in limited series.

I mean…

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

<i>Emily in Paris</i> missing costumes might actually suggest Mare of Easttown is stronger than we think in limited series. I mean…

In all seriousness though: yes! That’s what I pointed out in the limited series thread. This show got noms BTL that boast tremendous strength.

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

The clothes in Emily in Paris were straight up ugly fast fashion, so I’m glad they deservedly didn’t get nominated.

Emmy FYC!!: Pen15, Mare of Easttown, The Crown and The Handmaid’s Tale in all categories.

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

<i>Emily in Paris</i> missing costumes might actually suggest Mare of Easttown is stronger than we think in limited series. I mean…

Maybe the voters knew of the effort they put into the clothes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22MXS8nYBWY&ab_channel=HBO at about 2:35 they talk a little bit about the process. + Jean Smart wearing hip pads lol

Sorry for the off-topic post.

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Maybe the voters knew of the effort they put into the clothes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22MXS8nYBWY&ab_channel=HBO at about 2:35 they talk a little bit about the process. + Jean Smart wearing hip pads lol

Sorry for the off-topic post.

“All her clothes feel like cloths, they don’t feel costumes”

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Hannah has such a beautiful singing voice

someone should conspire to get Hannah to sing at the Emmys.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Ted Lasso pilot is far ahead of “Make Rebecca Great Again” in the predictions centre but I see no reason for it to be. Sure it is the pilot and it sets the tone of the series but it’s almost universally considered to be one of the weakest episodes of the series whilst “Make Rebecca Great Again” seems to be the writing and series standout (it has a 9.1 score on IMDB for example).

I think either “Make Rebecca Great Again” wins or the show splits its votes and Hacks takes the win.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

The Ted Lasso pilot is far ahead of “Make Rebecca Great Again” in the predictions centre but I see no reason for it to be. Sure it is the pilot and it sets the tone of the series but it’s almost universally considered to be one of the weakest episodes of the series whilst “Make Rebecca Great Again” seems to be the writing and series standout (it has a 9.1 score on IMDB for example). I think either “Make Rebecca Great Again” wins or the show splits its votes and Hacks takes the win.

And Pen15 on 3, Ted Lasso 4, The Flight Attendant 5 and Girls5eva is latest

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

So, I watched Hacks, and I so need Einbinder to win, even if she is totally frauded. But I must confess to a somewhat unpopular opinion, I preferred Cuoco to Smart, but I won’t begrudge her win because she was terrific as well.

Emmys FYC: Jean Smart.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.