Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 8)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 521 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
methaddiction
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Darling, I’m no hater. I just don’t think Ted needs to sweep when there are other deserving shows and performances. 🙃

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I have to say I’m quite shocked Kenan is still first in the odds. The only thing that was keeping him in this race is an overdue narrative but it’s hard to win with such a narrative when there’s no passion for your performance.

I think there is passion aplenty for him. Maybe not his performances (although I stan) but for him as a person, entity and icon. I personally am hugely passionate about this guy’s SNL life and I think he’s growing in icon status. I’m not even American. And forgive me but only a few months ago we were talking about diversity in awards recognition but I guess that was just another passing flavour of the month (guest awards don’t count, they’ve always been the token nod).

Kenan is an active choice. Not just narrative.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Darling, I’m no hater. I just don’t think Ted needs to sweep when there are other deserving shows and performances. 🙃

Oh, it was just a silly gif from Waddingham, first i found on Google haha
    I’m just rooting for her, i didn’t call you a hater whatsoever

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

I think Waddingham has it in the bag and it’s not even close. She got a TCA nomination in a supporting role, that’s how much of a standout her character was for season 1. And anyone who watched any interview with her probably fell in love with her outside of the show, she’s just so charismatic.

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

The thing that makes Kenan so hard to judge for me is that sure, he was only nominated for the first time a few years ago and long after some of his colleagues, however, I’d argue no show has benefited more from the new system than SNL (though admittedly few shows had several years of eligibility either side of the rule change). Even looking beyond the perennial guest wins, I don’t think Baldwin or McKinnon would’ve won without it.

I don’t think Kenan has any passion but I’m also not convinced he needs it. He’s the epitome of a consensus choice, which is partly where the “it’s time” narrative comes from.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Oh, it was just a silly gif from Waddingham, first i found on Google haha I’m just rooting for her, i didn’t call you a hater whatsoever

Haha, don’t worry, I didn’t take it too seriously. 😂 I even liked the comment 😉

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I think there is passion aplenty for him. Maybe not his performances (although I stan) but for him as a person, entity and icon. I personally am hugely passionate about this guy’s SNL life and I think he’s growing in icon status. I’m not even American.

I agree. I think people would be pretty happy with Kenan winning. I think the fact he got nominated for Kenan – a first season network sitcom that is (generously) finding it’s feet in 2021 when they could have voted for many, many other performances is testament to that.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Rebecca is kinda aimless now, the only thing she has in her life is relationship issues apparently. Her newest mistake is going to blow up spectacularly in her face, but I’m not sure what it’s supposed to mean for her character. Nate’s has a very clear arc, and all of his actions over the last couple of episodes have very obviously been setting up a major turning point in the (or at least his) story. There’s nothing wrong with that.

It’s frustating. She should be focused on corporate issues and they could have handled her barries of being a woman in a sexist environment/sport. Apparently this kind of stuff doesn’t exist in Ted Lasso’s perfect world.

I’ve stopped watching after the ridiculous episode about Nate in the restaurant (in which he and the writers apparently forgot that he wasn’t shy and introvert anymore after what happened in Make Rebecca Great Again). I’m just going to wait till the season end, so if I’m missing something, just tell me.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

It’s frustating. She should be focused on corporate issues and they could have handled her barries of being a woman in a sexist environment/sport. Apparently this kind of stuff doesn’t exist in Ted Lasso’s perfect world. I’ve stopped watching after the ridiculous episode about Nate in the restaurant (in which he and the writers apparently forgot that he wasn’t shy and introvert anymore after what happened in Make Rebecca Great Again). I’m just going to wait till the season end, so if I’m missing something, just tell me.

You missed one of if not the best episode of the entire show with episode 8

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

It’s frustating. She should be focused on corporate issues and they could have handled her barries of being a woman in a sexist environment/sport.

Hard agree. They have squandered nearly every opportunity to use issues in professional sport for both plot and characters this season. Sexism in sport would have been absolutely ideal and probably hilarious for Rebecca, instead they give her bubkis.

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I love Einbinder, but as someone who also agrees that Ted Lasso doesn’t need to go 6/6, the two awards it absolutely needs are Jason and Hannah.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The idea of The Flight Attendant winning nothing above the line makes me so sad. It was such a great, energetic, fun show. Also, Hacks deserves more than just lead actress. I sincerely hope Ted doesn’t sweep.

Edit: To avoid confusion — I am not responding to your post, Tyler. I didn’t see it until this was posted.

Profile picture
    GODlore
    Topics:

Everyone will be happy if this happens:

Series: Hacks

Actress: Jean Smart

Actor: Jason Sudeikis

Supporting Actress: Hannah Waddingham

Supporting Actor: Tituss Burgess through write-in votes

Directing: The Flight Attendant

Writing: PEN15

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Yes, just that we need Jean Smart and Kaley Cuoco to at least tie. 🙂

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I’m just glad we’re getting 2 really great lead winners

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.