Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 8)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 511 through 521 (of 521 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
methaddiction
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

in which he and the writers apparently forgot that he wasn’t shy and introvert anymore after what happened in Make Rebecca Great Again

Hard disagree on this
    Just because he had a very blow out of his shyness on Make Rebecca Great Again, doesn’t mean he’s out of the water and never will feel introvert anymore. In fact, he is in his comfort zone at the club and everywhere else in the world he still has to deal with it, and he delt with it at the restaurant.

I agree with Rebecca’s storyline being unfocused, and that course they took on episode 8 will blow out even more on her, but Nate seems still feels very well Nate.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’m just glad we’re getting 2 really great lead winners

She’s coming to upset Hun

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Lead Actress is one of those races where I will be happy and sad at the same time regardless of what happens. I love both Jean Smart and Kaley Cuoco so much and would struggle if I were a voter.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Hard disagree on this Just because he had a very blow out of his shyness on Make Rebecca Great Again, doesn’t mean he’s out of the water and never will feel introvert anymore. In fact, he is in his comfort zone at the club and everywhere else in the world he still has to deal with it, and he delt with it at the restaurant. I agree with Rebecca’s storyline being unfocused, and that course they took on episode 8 will blow out even more on her, but Nate seems still feels very well Nate.

This 100%

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I love Einbinder, but as someone who also agrees that Ted Lasso doesn’t need to go 6/6, the two awards it absolutely needs are Jason and Hannah.

Hard agreee. Hacks is my personal awards comedy series, actress and writing winner but the way Jason and Hannah W imbue characterisations (that could very easily have been played very cartoonishly) with warmth puts them far ahead of their competition in actor and supporting actress this year (Einbinder and Temple are quite good though too).

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Lead Actress is one of those races where I will be happy and sad at the same time regardless of what happens. I love both Jean Smart and Kaley Cuoco so much and would struggle if I were a voter.

The way all three lead actress categories need a tie at this point.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The way all three lead actress categories need a tie at this point.

I think I’m predicting Jean, but I actually think Kaley (who spent a decade on a show not even getting nom’d) needs this more to be competitive going forward for future seasons whereas I feel like Hacks has loads of room to build. Smart is always going to be a voter fave.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

LEAD ACTOR

1. Jason Sudekis – Locked.

—————————————————–

2-5. Rest.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

💀

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

LEAD ACTRESS

1. Jean Smart – She’s winning and all that could stop her is if it turns out that Hacks benefitted from the timing of its release with the nominations but has seen its passion wane since. 99% sure.

—————————————————–

2. Kaley Cuoco – Remember when she was the deserved frontrunner. In the end she really was this year’s Aniston. Even though we’ll never see the vote totals, I like to pretend this is a closer race than we think.

—————————————————–

3. Allison Janney – Not winning but final season sentimentality has me putting her third. Plus probably only a legend can take down a legend here.

4. Tracee Ellis Ross – In a series contender. No passion.

—————————————————–

5. Aidy Bryant – Sole nomination for her show. Feels weird to say that she should be grateful for the pandemic.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m looking forward to the annual rank your predictions confidence thread this year! It’s always interesting looking at them after the ceremony in hindsight.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Viewing 11 posts - 511 through 521 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.