Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 8)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 521 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
methaddiction
  • Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I’m not buying Reiser winning if Michael and Alan never could.

Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

I don’t get the Yang hype, but he does feel like an easy pick.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I don’t get the Yang hype, but he does feel like an easy pick.

Me neither. Maybe because I can’t stand Talk Shows, Sketch shows, John Oliver, etc.

I think Thompson/Yang are the frontrunners, but I see Goldstein as a spoiler, considering that he seems to be one of the stand outs of Ted Lasso Season 2.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

So who do you all have for Supporting Actor? I am going with Paul Reiser because I just don’t see any consensus between Thompson and Yang. Thompson actually reminds me of Sandra Oh – overdue for a win (I doubt voters know or care that he won for Music & Lyrics), a second acting nomination that apparently indicated support, but lost to the co-star with more passion. 

kenan’s had 2 previous acting noms. oh had 5 for grey’s and 1 for killing eve, before the year she was cruelly robbed by a less talented costar again.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

kenan’s had 2 previous acting noms. oh had 5 for grey’s and 1 for killing eve, before the year she was cruelly robbed by a less talented costar again.

I know people love Sandra Oh in this site, but IMO Eve just isn’t a winning role and Jodie Comer is very talented and deserved to win.

Besides the fact that Oh didn’t have much good material in Season 2, which was Jodie’s season. Blame Emerald Fennell for this.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Jodie Comer was given way more material in both S2 and S3, it’s a shame.
    But she was way more deserving of a win.

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So who do you all have for Supporting Actor? I am going with Paul Reiser because I just don’t see any consensus between Thompson and Yang. Thompson actually reminds me of Sandra Oh – overdue for a win (I doubt voters know or care that he won for Music & Lyrics), a second acting nomination that apparently indicated support, but lost to the co-star with more passion. The problem is, Yang is not on the same level as Comer was that year, so I am struggling to predict Yang as well.

I think Reiser is quite possible especially considering only him and Clemons-Hopkins don’t face internal competition in that category (and there doesn’t seem to be any passion for Clemons-Hopkins).

I’m sort of in the same dilemma as you when it comes to Thompson and Yang. I just think we’ll have to wait to see what the temperature is over the coming weeks. Jodie Comer was continuously building more and more momentum after her nomination which doesn’t feel to be the case with Yang as of yet? I’m also waiting to see if Thompson is indeed leaving SNL this season.

The second Thompson acting nomination is keeping him in my top spot for now though. Sure you could argue Sandra Oh got a second nomination but that was for SNL (a show these voters are well aware of). Kenan is a random NBC sitcom that got no other nominations.

I think the Ted Lasso men will split just like the Succession men did. Goldstein may have the largest arc but people on this site underestimate how much passion Nick Mohammed has (his role also feels a bit Tony Hale in Veep-esque?)

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

got through the writing nominees. feels like the least inspired lineup in over a decade at least. nothing particularly insightful or funny.

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

I know people love Sandra Oh in this site, but IMO Eve just isn’t a winning role and Jodie Comer is very talented and deserved to win. Besides the fact that Oh didn’t have much good material in Season 2, which was Jodie’s season. Blame Emerald Fennell for this.

Kenan doesn’t really have a winning role either tbh. He’s almost always the straight man who other people play off of, not the person who gets the viral sketches that people talk about. He’d deserve a win, but while he’s very respected I don’t think his performance really is the kind of thing that gets enough passion to win.

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

For what it’s worth, I am confident that Yang wins before Thompson. I am just not sure how many votes Thompson takes away from him.

Profile picture
    Jack
    Topics:

Kenan is considered like Don Cheadle, Anthony Anderson, William H.Macy or Esposito. Always nominated but never won.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’m going with Kenan for now, but do look at Carl Clemons-Hopkins as the sole nomination for a show there. Him or Reiser could triumph from vote split of both SNL and Ted Lasso.

both underserved

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Carl Clemons-Hopkins was born to give Kelly Jenrette some company.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Goldstein could overcome vote split. Who the hell will vote for Hunt and Swift ? Mohammed could steal some votes, but if Goldstein is really one of the stand outs of Season 2, then I believe the majority of votes would go for him if they want to recognize a Supporting Actor for the show.

SNL fans could split between giving it to an overdue veteran who never had much passion or awarding the new rising talent who will hopefully have plenty of other opportunities and other nominations. It’s only his first season in the show.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.