Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 8)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 521 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
methaddiction
  • Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Not sure where to write this, but when will the Television Academy update their website with the list of names of the nominated producers for Comedy Series and the other series categories?

Supposedly Lily Collins, William Zabka and Ralph Macchio should all be Emmy nominees as producers on their shows.

Profile picture
    winslets
    Topics:

Ted Lasso said “the revolution will be televised”

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The way I won..

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The way I won..

He looks younger with a full beard lol

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

The amount of vote-splitting that’s going to happen in Comedy Actor is crazy. Perhaps Yang or Thompson can overcome it, but I think Clemons-Hopkins or Reiser is winning that.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Goldstein has a great interview on TV’s Top 5 today (and successfully gets the hosts to repeatedly refer to him as Emmy Nominee Brett Goldstein)

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

The amount of vote-splitting that’s going to happen in Comedy Actor is crazy. Perhaps Yang or Thompson can overcome it, but I think Clemons-Hopkins or Reiser is winning that.

Clemons-Hopkins winning would be an absolute travesty. Fingers crossed voters avoid vote splitting for SNL as Yang has years ahead of him. It’s got to be Kenan’s year.

Profile picture
    Nate
    Topics:

Not sure where to write this, but when will the Television Academy update their website with the list of names of the nominated producers for Comedy Series and the other series categories?

Supposedly Lily Collins, William Zabka and Ralph Macchio should all be Emmy nominees as producers on their shows.

It usually takes a couple of weeks post-nominations for the Academy to vet the producing submissions, so I suspect it’ll be updated sometime next week.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The likes.. y’all https://twitter.com/tedlasso/status/1418573796777152522?s=21

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The likes.. y’all https://twitter.com/tedlasso/status/1418573796777152522?s=21

It’s over for the other girlies

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

My problem is that only Alec Baldwin and Kate McKinnon (2x) have won for SNL (except for the Guest categories, which no one cares)

Baldwin won for his Trump sketch and McKinnon has never missed since 2014. I have a hard time seeing Kenan Thompson in the same list as these two.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s such a shame Jeff Ward wasn’t on the ballot for Hacks. He was phenomenal in “Falling” and with how well the show performed in acting nominations, he might have even gotten nominated if he was submitted.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

It’s such a shame Jeff Ward wasn’t on the ballot for Hacks. He was phenomenal in “Falling” and with how well the show performed in acting nominations, he might have even gotten nominated if he was submitted.

He wasn’t even submitted? That’s weird. He would have totally had a shot.

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

My problem is that only Alec Baldwin and Kate McKinnon (2x) have won for SNL (except for the Guest categories, which no one cares)

Baldwin won for his Trump sketch and McKinnon has never missed since 2014. I have a hard time seeing Kenan Thompson in the same list as these two.

The Baldwin win is more “weird” than a Thompson win would be, I would say. Kenan has literally been on the show since 2003! On top of all that, he also received a namecheck nomination for Kenan. The Academy clearly likes him enough.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I’ve been pretty confident in Yang but now I’m thinking about making the switch to Goldstein… I’m realizing that a vote-split is less of an issue when there isn’t a consensus. Just out of curiosity, would anyone who watches Ted Lasso vote for Swift, Mohammed, or Hunt over Goldstein?

On the flip side, SNL has two clear conflicting narratives between the breakout year of Bowen Yang and Kenan having such a legacy and deserving some acknowledgement for it.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.