Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 9)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
methaddiction
wolfali
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Seeing Jean get up on that stage today is going to be so glorious.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I’m starting to get a gut feeling about Pen15 upsetting in writing. But considering I already have Ted Lasso losing directing, it would be weird for a first season show to win series without writing or directing. I’m not sure if I want to predict it.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

What bugs me is that there was no reason for The Flight Attendant to lose Editing with the cruise ship of vote splitting that was happening there. Especially considering the flashy Editing of the show and that this category always come up with passion picks (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Insecure). Either there’s no passion for the show or Ted Lasso is too strong, or both.

Worth nothing that the last three Comedy Series winners swept both Directing and Writing.

At the same time, Hacks is more like a writers type of show than Ted Lasso.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Hacks winning Directing, Writing and actress but losing Series doesn’t make sense
    Ted Lasso should win one, or even both.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Hacks winning Directing, Writing and actress but losing Series doesn’t make sense
    Ted Lasso should win one, or even both.

Yeah, that’s exactly what I’m saying. Just pointing out the hurdles

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I’ll probably eat crow but I just don’t see Ted Lasso winning Directing. It has three episodes in contention. When was the last time a show overcame such vote split? Not even Watchmen was able to pull it off.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I have Hacks winning directing. When the series frontrunner has three eps, I will just default to what I think is the runner-up in series. So Hacks it is for me.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

What bugs me is that there was no reason for The Flight Attendant to lose Editing with the cruise ship of vote splitting that was happening there. Especially considering the flashy Editing of the show and that this category always come up with passion picks (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Insecure). Either there’s no passion for the show or Ted Lasso is too strong, or both. Worth nothing that the last three Comedy Series winners swept both Directing and Writing. At the same time, Hacks is more like a writers type of show than Ted Lasso.

TFA was snubbed at the editing guild tho so it could just be a show editors don’t like that much. It still went to win DGA.

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

I’m sticking with Kaley Cuoco in Lead, and The Flight Attendant in Directing. It doesn’t really help that I haven’t seen Hacks yet so I’m not as invested in a Jean Smart win here, but honestly every time I see that gif on here of Kaley Cuoco bustling through those airport doors I’m like – this is a winner. I’m aware this is more of a hopediction at this point.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I understand why The Flight Attendant is being predicted, it won DGA after all. But wasn’t that the same case with Succession in 2019? Or Watchmen (“It’s Summer and We’re Running Out of Ice”) last year? Both of those shows lost to the show’s that over-performed on nominations day (Ozark/Unorthodox) and were the likely series runner ups. Those shows weren’t necessarily the most obvious directing achievements (in fact one may argue Unorthodox was in a similar situation to Hacks with its writing and acting being more cited than its direction in acclaim) but they were the strongest series contenders that were at worst second in categories like writing and series.

We all pretty much agree Hacks is a stronger contender than The Flight Attendant and the show pretty much has a win for Smart over Cuoco locked so I don’t see why it can’t win directing as well. Hacks‘ editing wasn’t a particular achievement either yet it got three nominations in the category whilst The Flight Attendant‘s flashy editing lost in spite of only having one nomination there and the category being prone to a vote-split with Ted Lasso and Hacks facing internal competition.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Jean Smart when Regina King wins lead actress

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Jean Smart when Regina King wins lead actress

The way both Regina and Uzo were the ones to beat her the last two times makes this more funny lol

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.