Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 514 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

I would predict Sophie Okonedo if visibility were not an issue, but I just moved her down to fourth, so take that as my answer to the should-the-Emmy-change-their-voting-process thread.  (See also how Luca and I prefer different guest actresses from The Handmaid’s Tale, yet we are both predicting a third one.)  Luca points to Bette Midler; I liken her to Cameron Britton as someone who was singled out from their show for their performance, with a strong campaign to boot.  (Her people emailed me for months; Kevin ended up interviewing her.)  It is baity material with no vote-splitting and I think that her position in the industry over the years would help her.  She is someone who has gotten nominated for an Oscar here or won a Tony there or is even up for another BAFTA right now, but she is not at all a household name.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Sophie Okonedo would be easily winning this category under the tape system but with how long ago Ratched aired and how little people seemed to care about it (see Cynthia Nixon missing), I doubt she pulls one out here.

I don’t agree entirely with the Mckenna Grace/Zendaya comparison but just like Zendaya, this is a very against type role for someone who was until now essentially just known as a child actor. Add on the fact that The Handmaid’s Tale season 4 has just aired very recently (which is something partly reflected in its acting nominations tally) and I anticipate is something that voters will still be catching up on in the weeks and months ahead. I think if Grace loses it will be because voters have defaulted back to Bledel or they haven’t really cared so much for any drama series this season other than The Crown.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It would be iconic Perry Mason having the same amount of acting Emmy wins as Game of Thrones.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Claire winning another Emmy for The Crown would be iconic but McKenna Grace deserves.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Honestly thank goodness The Crown wasn’t one of those shows that got delayed. It would have been so cringe had The Mandalorian won 💀💀💀.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think The Mandalorian is excellent lol, I know I’m the minority here.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Claire winning another Emmy for The Crown would be iconic but McKenna Grace deserves.

I would not consider winning for that cameo iconic. Love, love, love her, but please not.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Let’s get real, Sophie Okonedo outsold both of them.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I prefer Grace and Okonedo’s performances this year but I honestly won’t mind if Claire wins. Her win for The Crown season 2 should have been her second after Wolf Hall.

She was also really good in her cameo (although I wouldn’t have nominated her).

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Claire winning another Emmy for The Crown would be iconic

Period.

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

If Cherry Jones can win, then I don’t see a problem with Claire Foy winning

FYC SAG AWARDS

Kate Winslet, Murray Bartlett

TMS & THT in all Drama Categories

Ted Lasso & Sandra Oh

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I would agree if Claire Foy hadn’t already won for this role and people were figuring it out her amazing work now and this award would be for her work on the first 2 seasons, kinda like Charles Dance could win for basically season 3.

But since she’s already won, let’s move on darling.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Yeah, but it’s not like Cherry Jones’s win is supposed to be the example, right?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

To be honest I hated her win for a while but I see Cherry Jones’ win for The Handmaid’s Tale in a much more positive light after that year’s frontrunner showed her true colours last month.

I’ll just pretend her Handmaid’s win was the first of two for this moment.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I would agree if Claire Foy hadn’t already won for this role and people were figuring it out her amazing work now and this award would be for her work on the first 2 seasons, kinda like Charles Dance could win for basically season 3. But since she’s already won, let’s move on darling.

Didn’t Margo Martindale win two years in a row for not doing sh*t?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.