Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 514 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Didn’t Margo Martindale win two years in a row for not doing sh*t?

Over Cicely Tyson in 2015. 😭 I will never got over the TV academy not rewarding legend Tyson for HTGAWM.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Over Cicely Tyson in 2015. 😭 I will never got over the TV academy not rewarding legend Tyson for HTGAWM.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Her and Diana Rigg.. the academy really said fuck talent.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Her and Diana Rigg.. the academy really said fuck talent.

At least they got nominated. These two were paid complete and utter dust 🙁

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

At least they got nominated. These two were paid complete and utter dust 🙁

Plsssss don’t remind me. Literally my top2 for last years Drama Guest Actress…

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Let’s not forget O-T Fagbenle last year and Amanda Brugel this year. At least they’ve finally recognized O-T! Amanda next please.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Speaking of guest performances thank god she got a nomination 

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

When they win just for this.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

When they win just for this. https://twitter.com/TheCrownNetflix/status/1418276078779387906

Poor Claire Foy and Charles Dance. 💀💀

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The way she got robbed for her best performance in spite of being the academy’s favourite thespian will never stop being ironic.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

In hindsight, that nomination should have been a clear sign she was gonna win for THT.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The way she got robbed for her best performance in spite of being the academy’s favourite thespian will never stop being ironic.

Spill hun the show deserved to sweep for that season.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

In hindsight, that nomination should have been a clear sign she was gonna win for THT.

You say this but we did just see Jason Bateman get a sole nod for a HBO show in a year where his show performed well in nominations but only won one category.

I think Dowd’s nod for The Leftovers signalled she was ahead of Wiley but what really carried her over the finish line was how well The Handmaid’s Tale performed that year. I anticipate that it was quite close between her and Newton but Dowd’s recency bias and the strength of The Handmaid’s Tale as a contender gave her the edge.

I actually think we can see a similar situation on the limited side this year if Mare of Easttown wins limited series. I can see that give Nicholson (someone who like Dowd has an “under-recognised vet” narrative) an edge over Hahn (who like Newton has similarly been under-recognised and has the most buzzed about and showiest performance in a sci-fi show and in the category).

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/TheCrownNetflix/status/1418276078779387906

They really like to ask what

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/TheCrownNetflix/status/1418276078779387906

I giggled at this way more than I should have.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.