Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 514 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I think Pose also overperformed. Who predicted it to get both directing and writing? Before the noms some were questioning if it would happen in series but it was ultimately safely in.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

My question is why does HBO not really campaign for him with the fact that he’s likely to be the first black actor to win this category? He’s supposed to have that kind of promotion.

The cynic in me is a little surprised that Disney and/or Hulu (so Disney again, lol) haven’t tried running with this narrative for Esposito and Fagbenle. The former is respected veteran actor in a top series (similar to MKW) whilst the latter is the universal fan favourite of his season.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Pose also overperformed. Who predicted it to get both directing and writing? Before the noms some were questioning if it would happen in series but it was ultimately safely in.

^I was referring to actors branch support.

With regards to its writing and directing nominations, I’m not too surprised. It always felt like a possibility because both of these branches in the television academy tend to get very sentimental over finales? Look at how Modern Family and Homeland made it into directing last year or how The Good Wife and Downton Abbey made it back into writing for their final seasons (even though the former’s finale was more or less panned for its writing). Or how even GoT managed to hold on in writing for its panned finale but missed at the guild.

It’s actually for this very reason that I think we could see Killing Eve return in writing next year and Insecure can happen in directing for their finales.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

The sentiment behind Tyler’s comment was different than just a literal comparison between the two contenders imo. Ramy Youssef was entering the Emmys with a Globe win and TCA+CC noms and none of those places touched the show outside of him. He was still win competitive for the Emmy, with or without his show nominated so lingering on that aspect is pointless. Menzies does have multiple nominations at different award bodies so if his show is sweeping then it might be likelier for him to win over a soft frontrunner like MKW than lose to him.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I always felt like both of them were weak frontrunners, that’s why I was predicting O-T til days ago, he has the most beloved character of the season and if they watch it as they appear to, they couldn’t deny him.
    But i do see Tobias and MKW everywhere and I’m not seeing O-T or even Esposito campaigning (maybe I’m mistaken, but i think I’ve saw more of John Lightgow than them), so i defaulted back to MKW.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

He’s coming for the Regina King vote huns

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

O-T Fagbenle should be winning but I honestly don’t see it happening in the end. He hasn’t cemented his place as a standout who might be able to overcome a split like Brett Goldstein on the comedy side and he’s competing against a beloved winner from his show. Sure one can argue that if voters have seen this season of The Handmaid’s Tale they’ll know that Whitford has a smaller amount of material than usual but these are the same voters who constantly went for Peter Dinklage even when Nikolaj Coster-Waldau arguably had a stronger season in 2018 or went for Julia Garner last year even though she had less “standout buzz” than her co-stars. When they have their established favourites from shows it seems to be hard for anyone from the same show to overcome them (when it comes to the win) under this voting system.

I think Fagbenle is in a similar position to Strahovski in 2018 with Whitford being the Dowd of this race and Minghella being the Bledel.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

the Regina King vote

Petition to make this term official

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

I’m not sure if O.T. Fagbenle is the consensus pick from the THT men like we believe. The Hollywood Critics Association only nominated Whitford despite nominating four actresses from the show in supporting, GD awards did the same, on a recent fan voted TVLine poll on who should win Fagbenle was literally at the bottom and even their own team picked Whitford for their 7 dream nominees list a couple of months back. That just screams vote-split to me.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I’m not sure if O.T. Fagbenle is the consensus pick from the THT men like we believe. The Hollywood Critics Association only nominated Whitford despite nominating four actresses from the show in supporting, GD awards did the same, on a recent fan voted TVLine poll on who should win Fagbenle was literally at the bottom and even their own team picked Whitford for their 7 dream nominees list a couple of months back. That just screams vote-split to me.

Time to bring the old system back so vote splitting isn’t a thing anymore darling.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

GD awards did the same,

Not to mention even as Madeleine Brewer was singled out of the four Handmaid’s ladies so he can’t really be boiled down to a name-check.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Yeah, the O-T robbery left and right has been disgusting. I have him in fifth. I just don’t see it happening, even though he should be walking away with this easily.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

He’s coming for the Regina King vote huns

The irony if the one thing that stops The Crown going 7/7 is an ex-cast member in the same category he already won in.

Oscars FYC:

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Get real, Chris Sullivan is winning supporting actor.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Get real, Chris Sullivan is winning supporting actor.

</p>

Oscars FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.