Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 514 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Get real, Chris Sullivan is winning supporting actor.

</p>

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

We all know why Justin Hartley was snubbed: hopelesstar predicted him.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If we can’t get a Crown win in directing then Emmy for Ms Garbus pls!

Gosh that might have been the most chilling scene of television I’ve seen in a long time.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

If we can’t get a Crown win in directing then Emmy for Ms Garbus pls!

Gosh that might have been the most chilling scene of television I’ve seen in a long time.

The Wilderness is my favorite episode of the season
    One of the few i actually liked

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

If we can’t get a Crown win in directing then Emmy for Ms Garbus pls! Gosh that might have been the most chilling scene of television I’ve seen in a long time.

I told you!! Ms. Grabus came in and absolutely slayed. One of the best directed episodes of the series IMO.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Wilderness is my favorite episode of the season

I told you!! Ms. Grabus came in and absolutely slayed. One of the best directed episodes of the series IMO.

Totally and I’d probably say it’s the best finale of the show since the first season (which is a high bar already because “Mayday” and “The Word” were both excellent already). I don’t want to spoilt it for those who haven’t seen it (and I want to say more in an overall review of the season as a whole later on THT thread) but argh!

It will be one of the worst jokes the academy has ever pulled if they give directing to The Mandalorian over this and The Crown.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The episode is on point. It delivers exactly what it needed to and is devastating as it is “satisfying” (though I don’t really consider it the latter at all — and I didn’t need it to be that either).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The episode is on point. It delivers exactly what it needed to and is devastating as it is “satisfying” (though I don’t really consider it the latter at all — and I didn’t need it to be that either).

And I think the lack of a “satisfying” nature is intentional on the part of Garbus and the writers. This isn’t Mare of Easttown or Ted Lasso. It’s not a story of redemption, of like-minded characters to the viewer or of heroes having a happily ever after. It’s a horrifying look at a dystopian reality and the consequences of actions and events that take place in that world. Are we supposed to root for those consequences as the viewer? No. I can understand why some may take issue with the episode and the season as a whole (and that’s perfectly fine!) but imo there’s a clear disconnect between the viewer and the show’s primary focus and that felt like something that was a necessity at this point in the show for the progression of its play.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Oh, I am should have underscored that people were most certainly “satisfied” with what happens. I, personally, find it hard to be cheering when *the satisfying outcome* is rooted in something so horrific. What happens is both well deserved and devastating and horrible at the same time, if that makes sense. And that’s a good thing!! But maybe we should discuss that in the THT thread. 😂

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

So my opinion definitely changed on Bridgerton. The first 2 eps were so cheap looking (the vibrancy) but got much better (acting, cinematography, plot) afterwards. I think it deserves the period hairstyling Emmy. MAYBE the period costume design one too.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think it deserves the period hairstyling Emmy.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The Handmaid’s Tale is going to sweep again huns.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Handmaid’s Tale is going to sweep again huns.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Has anyone considered a Whitford upset in supporting actor? I’m not gonna bet on it any time soon, but I wouldn’t be shell-shocked if it happened. He leads among the three supporting THT men in every poll I have seen. The O-T love seems exclusive to these forums, unfortunately. I’m gonna stick with MKW, but it feels so wrong.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.