Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 4 posts - 511 through 514 (of 514 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

I am reviving this thread. Has anyone considered a Whitford upset in supporting actor? I’m not gonna bet on it any time soon, but I wouldn’t be shocked.

I wouldn’t be shocked with any winner with how open this category is (except I guess Max Minghella would shock me) but I haven’t considered Whitford. It’s possible that they’d default back to him as previous guest winner but my top 3 rn are Williams, Menzies and Esposito.

Idk why Williams is leading exactly, maybe the critics choice win inspires confidence? But I feel like he’s a strong possibility because of the lack of a frontrunner + his performance is great so why not.

And Menzies and Esposito because they’re in the 2 shows with the most nominations.

Obviously out of the Handmaid’s men OT Fagbenle has the best material but idk the Emmys can’t be trusted. Which is also why I’m doubting Williams, the critic’s choice and the Emmys are such vastly different voting bodies. They only matched up 3 times (out of 11) Aaron Paul (2014) John Lithgow (2017) and Billy Crudup (2020)

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be shocked with any winner with how open this category is but I haven’t considered Whitford. It’s possible that they’d default back to him as previous guest winner but my top 3 rn are Williams, Menzies and Esposito. Idk why Williams is leading exactly, maybe the critics choice win inspires confidence? But I feel like he’s a strong possibility because of the lack of a frontrunner + his performance is great so why not. And Menzies and Esposito because they’re in the 2 shows with the most nominations. Obviously out of the Handmaid’s men OT Fagbenle has the best material but idk the Emmys can’t be trusted. Which is also why I’m doubting Williams, the critic’s choice and the Emmys are such vastly different voting bodies. They only matched up 3 times (out of 11) Aaron Paul (2014) John Lithgow (2017) and Billy Crudup (2020)

So, in other words, Peter Dinklage is winning his fifth Emmy via a write-in vote, right?

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

So, in other words, Peter Dinklage is winning his fifth Emmy via a write-in vote, right?

It’s him vs Regina King

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

On a serious note I could see a case being made for Esposito. The show is very beloved and widely watched. Nominated across the board BUT he is the only way to show the series some acting love (aside from Guest) + he has 4 prior nominations, three of which were in the past 2 years. So one could make the argument he’s overdue for a win (which imo he has been for Better Call Saul for several years already) + he was also in The Boys which is another Series nominee so he has a lot of visibility on the level of Menzies.

The Crown has the same amount of nominations but there are already 3 projected winners, with 1 basically being a lock, but Menzies didn’t have a lot to do in the season + it’s his first Emmy nomination so he doesn’t have the… goodwill factor (?) that Esposito has. So I think he’s a solid alternative if you don’t trust Williams winning.

Viewing 4 posts - 511 through 514 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.