Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 514 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    marcus_emn
    Topics:

Regarding the actor race, I can’t forget that stat about Dinklage, Malek and Porter winning as the sole acting nom for a first season Series nominated.
    I know everyone here would hate it (me included), but a combination of Page + Corrin/Rodriguez looks believable to me

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Regarding the actor race, I can’t forget that stat about Dinklage, Malek and Porter winning as the sole acting nom for a first season Series nominated.
    I know everyone here would hate it (me included), but a combination of Page + Corrin/Rodriguez looks believable to me

Honestly I would be really disappointed at Page winning. It’s not that he was bad,it’s just that the a few other nominees delivered better performances and in my opinion, Dynevor (with her Knightley-ishness) was the superior of the two and she isn’t nominated.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

Dinklage, Malek and Porter all were in a great show and had great performances to justify their wins. Page has neither.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It’s not that he was bad

But he was

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

But my predictions currently stand for Porter and Corrin.

Yes I think that’s a combination that’s written out too quickly. Porter was ACTING in this season of Pose and they clearly watched it. They could still decide to award the show with him as they always have been. Corrin might be too strong for Mj to catch up but Porter beating O’Connor is feasible.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Yeah, I know people went Mj to win for her overall achievement on Pose, but this was Billy Porter’s season once again. He’s the one who had Emmy tape after Emmy tape after Emmy tape. But so did Elisabeth Moss, whose show they’re also evidently watching, so I can’t with confidence say that Porter is in a good position based on performance and visibility alone. It doesn’t help that Josh O’Connor was similarly spectacular. These two races, plus supporting actor, remain exciting.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Yeah, I know people went Mj to win for her overall achievement on Pose, but this was Billy Porter’s season once again. He’s the one who had Emmy tape after Emmy tape after Emmy tape. But so did Elisabeth Moss, whose show they’re also evidently watching, so I can’t with confidence say that Porter is in a good position based on performance and visibility alone. It doesn’t help that Josh O’Connor was similarly spectacular. These two races, plus supporting actor, remain exciting.

Meanwhile, the supporting actress race

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Aduba owes anyone her 2015 emmy, it’s this girl right here. https://i.gifer.com/NAU4.gif

FYC:
    Picture: Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby/Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion/Rebecca Hall/Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch/Andrew Garfield/Winston Duke
    Actress: Olivia Colman/Kristen Stewart/Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant/Troy Kotsur/Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva B

Profile picture
    GODlore
    Topics:

I’m surprised by the doubt around Emma Corrin being a breakout star because, speaking from personal experience, that would not be up for debate for anyone actually working in the industry. She’s being seen as the new Keira Knightley, albeit a bit more adventurous perhaps. Seeing her interviews she doesn’t look like someone to prefer to go that mainstream but we’ll see.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What do you guys have in the series runner up position (aka directing spoiler if The Crown splits)? On paper it sounds like The Mandalorian but I’m inclined to say Handmaid’s purely because it at least has a recency factor, performed well with pretty much every group (whilst Mando for example still had a few notable acting omissions) and unlike Mando hasn’t already lost almost every winter awards/guild.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby/Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion/Rebecca Hall/Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch/Andrew Garfield/Winston Duke
    Actress: Olivia Colman/Kristen Stewart/Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant/Troy Kotsur/Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva B

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I think it might be Handmaid’s as well. I think we get easily swayed by how many BTL nominations Mando has. THT not only aired more recently but is also, let’s not forget, a previous drama series winner. The fact that it returned with such a vengeance proves to me that there’s renewed interest in and enthusiasm for the show. I see so many people catching up with season 4 and absolutely loving it, which seems like was no different for Emmy voters. The field being so empty of course helped, but that doesn’t change any of the foregoing.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Im not sure in which sense you mean “progressive”, but the Emmys did choose to award the young white co-star of a presumed frontrunner who was on track to make history as the first Asian to win lead actress in a drama series.

I said it would be regressive so am confused by your quotation on “progressive” but yes I do take your point. I’d argue two things though: 1) Oh was not actually a threat as her series had such a lack of support at that stage as not enough people had seen it yet. Moss was the presumed frontrunner – let’s not rewrite history. 2) We’ve had three further Emmy cycles since then and things are only getting less regressive.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

He’s talking about when Comer upset Oh two years ago.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

He’s talking about when Comer upset Oh two years ago.

Ah of course! My mistake. I need to learn to read. Yes that’s very valid albeit slightly different circumstances because it was two costars.

Profile picture
    Stranger Among Us
    Topics:

It’s a shame Holly Taylor was never nominated for her work on The Americans but Lena Headey was simply superior that year.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.