Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 504 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Are we sure Matthew Rhys is even getting nominated? He’s my second favourite in this category but in spite of the barren field <i>Perry Mason </i>feels like it’s <i>The Outsider </i>but with a summer release date.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

Lead actor is so weak… and he might be wishful thinking but among those name Jack Dylan Grazer should win hands down.

Milo Ventimiglia has a chance to return but he really should switch to supporting, where his nomination would be totally earned this season.

Sterling K. Brown on the other hand has a couple of very strong episodes but he doesn’t feel like the show MVP as he was last year.

Of course I’m waiting for Mr. Theroux performance…I still can’t accept his Lefotvers performance was totally overlooked.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Are we sure Matthew Rhys is even getting nominated? He’s my second favourite in this category but in spite of the barren field <i>Perry Mason </i>feels like it’s <i>The Outsider </i>but with a summer release date.

I agree I’m not predicting him atm, Perry Mason was very weak at winter awards and Rhys was also widely expected to get in at SAG and he got snubbed.

I guess he is in a similar position as Sarah Paulson. Previous Emmy winners, GG nominees for their current role but nothing else and in weak shows.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So I was doing my creative arts predictions and looked at some of the guild nominations and HBO has submitted Lovecraft in limited in some places?

Do you guys think they’ll move <i>Lovecraft </i>into limited or do you think considering how they have I May Destroy YouIt’s a SinMare of Easttown and The Undoing (amongst others) that they’ll keep it in drama?

FYC:

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

I know HBO addressed the non-renewal for Lovecraft last month, but I am concerned at how long it’s taking them to make a decision on the renewal. I think only Michael K Williams would stand a shot in Limited. Wunmi at a push, who more than deserves her nomination in Supporting Actress.

It would also make Supporting Actor in drama an even bleaker field without MKW. There’s only 21 in Predictions Centre as it is.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I just realised if Lovecraft goes limited then Menzies is probably winning by default lol.

FYC:

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Misha Green is getting a lot of work lately (Tomb Raider sequel and an action film for Amazon) and she still has to come up with something new for Season 2 since they don’t have the book anymore. I wouldn’t be surprised if Lovecraft got New Gods’d.

I think Majors would have more chance to be nominated in Limited considering Actor is weak.

I would be okay with Menzies winning by default. The fact that he wasn’t even nominated for Season 3 is bizarre.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

New trailer for The Mosquito Coast.

Am I the only who found Theroux kinda bad? Also like I’ve said before the plot seems to be eerily similar to Ozark. @9 Riley was that the case?

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

It probably won’t happen, but I still hope Ventimiglia and Hartley will switch to Supporting this year. Supporting Actor is empty or, at least, less competitive than Lead Actor.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

9. Antony Starr – I mean, I guess? The people who watch the show seem to like him, but I don’t see enough people rallying behind The Boys for it to get anywhere beyond Writing (and even there I’m not confident in it).

I feel quite confident in The Boys making Writing. It is one of the three eligible shows that were nominated at WGA in Drama this year (whilst the likes of Lovecraft and Perry Mason were both snubbed) and whilst Mindhunter missed last year, the field was more competitive with a spring show getting three writing nominations.

I think it will be the Bodyguard of this year and get nominated for Drama Series and Drama Writing and nothing else above the line.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

the field was more competitive with a spring show getting three writing nominations.

And another that got two noms.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Milo is also going viral recently, as he should

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.