Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 504 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And another that got two noms.

Haha I forgot about Better Call Saul!

But that’s exactly my point. The field Mindhunter competed in was quite a competitive one and it wasn’t a Netflix campaign priority. The Boys is competing in a weak one and it’s one of Amazon’s top campaign priories.

Considering how The Crown is submitting one per usual and <i>The Mandalorian</i> can only submit three maximum, there will need to be three additional viable contenders  in order for The Boys to miss. That would mean at least one of the spring shows (The Mosquito CoastPoseIn Treatment etc) would have to be viable or something like I Hate Suzie (which personally I do think could get the 6th/7th slot) would have to be stronger than it.

I think The Boys should be fine.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Me quietly slotting Milo Ventimiglia’s name into my prediction list just to see how it looks there…

haha and he’s actually having a better season than last year.

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Do we know for a fact The Crown is only submitting 1 writer and director. I’d be shocked if they didn’t submit at least Jess Hobbs

EMMYS FYC

The White Lotus in all categories

Landscapers, Olivia Colman & David Thewlis

Ted Lasso in all Categories

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

For writing yeah, it’s always been only Morgan but I’m assuming Hobbs/her team will submit herself.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

IndieWire Sup Actor predictions

Predicted Nominees:

1. Bradley Whitford, “The Handmaid’s Tale”
    2. Michael Kenneth Williams, “Lovecraft Country”
    3. Tobias Menzies, “The Crown”
    4. John Lithgow, “Perry Mason”
    5. Anthony Ramos, “In Treatment”
    6. John Benjamin Hickey, “In Treatment”
    7. Joseph Fiennes, “The Handmaid’s Tale”
    8. Jonathan Bailey, “Bridgerton”

Contenders:
    Giancarlo Esposito, “The Mandalorian”
    Chris Sullivan, “This Is Us”
    Asia Kate Dillon, “Billions”
    Ryan Jamaal Swain, “Pose”
    Joel Kinnaman, “In Treatment”
    O.T. Fagbenle, “The Handmaid’s Tale”
    Max Minghella, “The Handmaid’s Tale”
    Wes Bentley, “Yellowstone”
    Richard Cabral, “Mayans M.C.”
    Gabriel Bateman, “The Mosquito Coast”

In a Perfect World:
    Scott Mescudi (Kid Cudi), “We Are Who We Are”
    Ken Leung, “Industry”
    Michael Stuhlbarg, “Your Honor”

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Do we know for a fact The Crown is only submitting 1 writer and director. I’d be shocked if they didn’t submit at least Jess Hobbs

The writing submission is probably final because Netflix don’t usually submit episodes Morgan has penned with other writers (even when they’re as strong as “Beryl” and “Twysog Cymru”). But it’s worth mentioning last year that Netflix added Jess Hobbs to their FYC later on in the season. So it’s quite possible they’ll do the same again. With <i>The Crown </i>it looks like they might not be finalising their submissions yet.

Michael Stuhlbarg, “Your Honor”

That’s a continuing Drama Series? I thought it was limited lol.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

That’s a continuing Drama Series? I thought it was limited lol.

It is, IndieWire writers are smoking some shit

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Dominique Jackson ready to stomp on the competition. Pose’s creator said this season will dig into Elektra’s history

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

What I noticed from the Pose trailer is that they really stepped it up visually, which is remarkable given the restrictions. Hopefully it finally gets the below-the-line recognition that it deserves.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Can’t wait for Meloni and McDermot for Law and Order organized crime on the ballot so i can predict them 🙂

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I’ve noticed 4 of the top 6 in lead actor predictions won’t be back for next years.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

THE HANDMAID’S TALE (10) – Series, Moss, Fiennes, Whitford, Bledel, Wiley, Directing, TBA Guest Actor, Grace, TBA Guest Actress

Finally someone who is also predicting Alexis Bledel! I thought I was the only one. I feel like it’s clear that both her and Wiley are the two “preferred” supporting female performers from <i>The Handmaid’s Tale</i>.

I am v very interested behind your thinking of the Fiennes prediction. I’ve been amped to slot him in but he for some reason strikes me as the least likely person in the cast to get nominated (maybe because of his character?) Then again who would have thought Chris Sullivan would make it in two years ago.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Finally someone who is also predicting Alexis Bledel! I thought I was the only one. I feel like it’s clear that both her and Wiley are the two “preferred” supporting female performers from <i>The Handmaid’s Tale</i>.

I’m also predicting Alexis Bledel, partly because of the 100/1 odds, but also because, if she has the material, why wouldn’t she get nominated? She’s a fan favourite and consistent nominee so she’ll most likely be a nominee whether she ends up in supporting or guest.

Emmy FYC:

Chloë Sevigny in “The Girl From Plainville” and “Russian Doll”

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.