Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 504 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

I’m not even sure Laura is getting more votes than Julia despite popular beliefs. I think a The Crown actress is taking SAG.

hopefully gillian anderson

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

If a Crown actress takes it, I think it’ll be Gillian. Vet + SAG fave + showy, baity role is a great combo. That said, don’t count out Linney.

Everyone saw the fourth season of The Crown and there is consensus that Emma Corrin was best in show, so we do not need to take into account other factors like veteran status that affect the race when visibility is an issue.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

After seeing the British awards leaving out Piper because of the competitiveness of the category (even when the show makes it in for the top prize), I don’t think she really has a shot at the Emmys.

Paulson is someone that people might underestimate otoh. Her status, past awards history and the character she plays are enough to potentially get her into a line-up that’s really not that competitive looking at wolfali’s post. The SAG snubs are not inexcusable when you look at the competition and the fact that Netflix already had three way stronger shows contending.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Fair enough and I doubt I’ll slot her in although I will point out that those groups have 3 to 4 slots. Unlike the BAFTAs and Emmys who have 6. So considering how then field was arguably more competitive there (she had to face off not only Michaela Coel but someone like Daisy Edgar-Jones but people like Letitia Wright as well because of the combined field and the January to December calendar usage) than it is at the Emmys and BAFTAs I would argue those snubs are kind of excusable. Especially considering her show still made it into other fields like Series and Writing which weren’t combined fields like the acting categories are.

That being said I don’t think I’ll consider her (this year at least) if she let’s say misses BAFTA whilst I Hate Suzie gets nominated for Writing there.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    starklinson
    Topics:

the Six of Crows duology is generally more popular and acclaimed than the original Grisha Trilogy (which is probably why they’re combining them). if you disliked TGT, you will probably enjoy SOC. that said, there’s a lot to work with in adapting the source material regardless.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Fair enough and I doubt I’ll slot her in although I will point out that those groups have 3 to 4 slots. Unlike the BAFTAs and Emmys who have 6.

She and her show are way stronger over there in every respect though which more than compensates for the couple of extra slots at the Emmys IMO.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

She and her show are way stronger over there in every respect though which more than compensates for the couple of extra slots at the Emmys IMO.

Edited my post to explain what I meant before you responded

I just want to clarify that I’m not saying I think she will get nominated. But I do think there is a path for a nomination for her if she gets nominated for and wins the BAFTA over Michaela Coel (which whilst I don’t think it will happen,  is possible considering BAFTA uses a tape system and we’ve seen people like Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Molly Windsor win based on the strength of their tapes without being nominated somewhere like the BPG), if I Hate Suzie pops up in new series at TCA and if her show continues its strong word of mouth that we’ve seen online with the industry on the western side of the Atlantic.

That being said I do acknowledge that it sounds like I’m clutching at straws here.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think Elizabeth Moss might miss again and I’m not sure what to do.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Honestly whilst I don’t think Moss is a lock, I’d be surprised if she misses again. It’s a weak field and we’ve seen in recent years how that can help people who have previously been dropped (Davis, Margulies) and The Handmaid’s Tale is likely to be stronger with actors than almost every show barring The Crown and maybe Bridgerton.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Yeah, i just think that there’s a lot of new faces with really strong passion coming (Smollett, Rodriguez), and that can make the voters want to nominate them and leave Moss out again, because not only did she already has been nominated, but won for this role.

I guess the empty field helps, and her name could easily be name checked but idk, i also can see her missing.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Josh O’Connor takes SAG then I think the Emmy has his name written all over it. Rege-Jean needs SAG imo to have a chance and Billy Porter, Sterling K. Brown and Matthew Rhys already have won.

And then who else is there?

Oscars FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.