Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 504 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I think Ruby Barker is the best supporting player on Bridgerton. Am I the only one?

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

I mean gast actress for Mandalorian

Profile picture
    furbul
    Topics:

Something called “The Bite” from Robert and Michelle King drops on May 21.

One BrainDead was enough tho

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Something called “The Bite” from Robert and Michelle King drops on May 21.

One BrainDead was enough tho

They did EP Your Honor and that was a trainwreck
    Although they also introduce recently the very good ‘Evil’

Maybe I’ll give it a shot

Profile picture
    Turd Ferguson
    Topics:

I used to get upset about the Emmys not recognizing genre shows as much as they should. Now that we have the possibility of The Falcon and The Whatever breaking into Series, I kind of want them to bring the bias against genre shows back.

In a normal year, that show would have no chance.

Big fan of Better Call Saul, Sex Education, Barry, BoJack Horseman, and, especially, Survivor

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Interesting. Perhaps I’m misunderstanding this but in their “in the weeks ahead” trailer, HBO have prefaced their teaser with “this season on Mare of Easttown“. 

On the contrary for the “coming up teaser” for The Undoing there is no such wording utilised. 

With what’s happened with The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, are we about to see another series originally credited as a limited series make the move to drama?

FYC:
    Picture: Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby/Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion/Rebecca Hall/Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch/Andrew Garfield/Winston Duke
    Actress: Olivia Colman/Kristen Stewart/Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant/Troy Kotsur/Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva B

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

I think Ruby Barker is the best supporting player on Bridgerton. Am I the only one?

Polly Walker for me, then Claudia Jessie (who was helped by having a pretty joyous character to play).

I love Nicola Coughlan but I just can’t equate her performance in Bridgerton with an Emmy nomination. I just don’t think she delivers anything that groundbreaking – her pivotal final scene felt more pompous than it did dramatic. But then, I thought Rege-Jean was pretty stoic the whole season and he seems to be a lock for a nom.

I’d be annoyed if she made it in over, say, a Strahovski, Dowd, or especially Wunmi Mosaku.

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:
    1. Nicola Coughlan wont get an emmy nomination, in fact before the possibility of her getting in was mentioned here, I didn’t even think of her as someone in contention. Bridgerton is already going to have a hard time getting above the line nominations – in fact there is a possibility it fails to get in drama series,  and even actor ( Rege is almost a lock and I think his work in episode 2 was amazing but the emmys could snub him) Best case scenario for the show is that it gets tons of nominations from the craft categories, one in directing,  Drama series( I still have reservations about this) and two acting categories for Rege and Adjoah, worst case scenario, below the line noms.
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Of the actresses? Absolutely not – she was great. I personally prefer Ruth Gemmell and Polly Walker though.

If we include the supporting actors though, no one touches Jonathan Bailey. He’s the only one in the show who actually speaks the 19th century language without sounding even slightly ridiculous.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:
    1. Nicola Coughlan wont get an emmy nomination, in fact before the possibility of her getting in was mentioned here, I didn’t even think of her as someone in contention. Bridgerton is already going to have a hard time getting above the line nominations – in fact there is a possibility it fails to get in drama series, and even actor ( Rege is almost a lock and I think his work in episode 2 was amazing but the emmys could snub him) Best case scenario for the show is that it gets tons of nominations from the craft categories, one in directing, Drama series( I still have reservations about this) and two acting categories for Rege and Adjoah, worst case scenario, below the line noms.

I strongly disagree. I don’t think the show should be coming anywhere near the Emmys but it feels quite clear that it’s top 3 in Series (if not top 2) and Phoebe Dynevor is likelier to get nominated than Rege Jean-Page is to get snubbed.

The only category I’m really doubting is supporting actor which is ironic because Jonathan Bailey’s performance is stronger than his own show.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby/Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion/Rebecca Hall/Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch/Andrew Garfield/Winston Duke
    Actress: Olivia Colman/Kristen Stewart/Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant/Troy Kotsur/Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva B

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

I’m just hoping the Emmys pull an HFPA and completely ignore Bridgerton.

Profile picture
    rosieangel
    Topics:

It’s Polly Walker for me, absolutely love her.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Adjoa Andoh was clearly the best in cast. There’s a reason why she was the cast member singled out by TVLine’s Performer of the Week, and is in contention for an Emmy nomination despite playing a relatively small role with little depth. Personally, no one in the cast (not even Andoh or Bailey) should come anywhere near a nomination though.

For Your Consideration:

Carrie Coon, ‘The Gilded Age’ (no I haven’t seen it, but we have no choice but to stan anyway)

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

A lot of people on Twitter praising the season finale of For All Mankind.

Profile picture
    Gaceru
    Topics:

A lot of people on Twitter praising the season finale of For All Mankind.

The second season’s finale it’s one of the best episodes of television I’ve ever seen.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.