Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 496 through 504 (of 504 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

The FYC promo was probably in the initial contract negotiations when it was being developed.

Let’s see how much (if any) is happening in the middle of June.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I’m on the Jurnee Smollett hype train. Lovecraft has AFI + SAG Ensemble and WGA. It’s TOP 4 and HBO has had a nominee in this category for 4 years in a row. She’s the fan favorite of the show, cool lines and two of the most talked scenes of the show (Leti breaking the cars and at Tulsa). I wish the show was about her instead of Jonathan Majors lame character.

WGA in new series, not drama. It notably missed PGA and DGA for its supposedly acclaimed pilot. I’m doubtful it’s actually Top 4.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

WGA in new series, not drama. It notably missed PGA and DGA for its supposedly acclaimed pilot. I’m doubtful it’s actually Top 4.

I forgot to say, for now.

It’s not like there are too many options. TOP 3 is clearly The Crown, Bridgerton and The Mandalorian. Pose and THT haven’t aired and This is Us is like 7th.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lovecraft Country got into SAG but only for ensemble. It got into WGA but for New Series and not Drama. It missed PGA and DGA in spite of both guild’s biases towards HBO.

It will obviously get nominated in series and Michael K. Williams has a strong shot at finally nabbing his overdue Emmy but I’m perplexed as to how it’s so high in series in the odds or how it’s being predicted to be the second most nominated show with actors in drama this year. It reminds me of when people were over-predicting Homecoming and under-predicting GoT and Killing Eve a few years back.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Matthew Porter
    Topics:

I used to get upset about the Emmys not recognizing genre shows as much as they should. Now that we have the possibility of The Falcon and The Whatever breaking into Series, I kind of want them to bring the bias against genre shows back.

Y’all are such snobs.

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

When will Pose reviews start coming in?

Emmy FYC!!: Pen15, Mare of Easttown, The Crown and The Handmaid’s Tale in all categories.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Don’t get me wrong, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is a watchable show. But the idea of it having one series nomination more than the likes of sci-fi/supernatural/fantasy shows like Buffy the Vampire SlayerAngelBattlestar GalacticaDoctor Who and The Leftovers etc feels quite repulsive.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I hope the forgotten Raised by Wolves gets nominations. The first episode is truly groundbreaking when it comes to writing and directing.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

HBO should fraud one of their limited series in drama. They’d easily nab a nomination with this ridiculous field.

Oscars FYC:

Viewing 9 posts - 496 through 504 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.