Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 516 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
methaddiction
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Part 7 is now open.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Posting what I posted at the end of the previous thread. Could Sarah Paulson be the perennial actors branch favourite who makes it in and not Aduba? Granted Ratched tanked outside the Globes and I’m sceptical about it doing very well here but it’s a weak field and a multitude of actors (that include the likes of Elizabeth Banks and Reese Witherspoon) tuned in when it was released and praise the performances. Netflix is also pushing for Ratched hard which they didn’t do for say The Politician last year and HBO aren’t doing for In Treatment.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

I don’t see how Sarah Paulson is much of a favorite over Aduba when just last year, she couldn’t even make it for Mrs. America (which most people were predicting for to do so) while Aduba got nominated and won (which most people were not predicting) in the same category. Ratched feels more like a Cynthia Nixon+some filler tech noms, considering Sarah Paulson doesn’t really do anything out of her realm for that role.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I already posted a gif of Matthew on probably ever first page of this threads so…
    Just nominate Matthew Rhys.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Darlings I really need her to happen.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t see how Sarah Paulson is much of a favorite over Aduba when just last year, she couldn’t even make it for Mrs. America (which most people were predicting for to do so) while Aduba got nominated and won (which most people were not predicting) in the same category. Ratched feels more like a Cynthia Nixon+some filler tech noms, considering Sarah Paulson doesn’t really do anything out of her realm for that role.

I predicted Aduba to win haha!

I do understand what you’re saying and I am predicting Aduba over Paulson myself at the moment. I would argue that both are strong actors branch favourites (see how Paulson got in for Cult in a weak field even as the academy was done with AHS) but last season Paulson missed partially due to actors not really finishing Mrs. America. Whilst Aduba’s showcase was earlier in the season. You could hypothetically argue they’re in a reverse situation this time round with actors having watched Paulson’s show back in September and it having reached peak visibility and Aduba’s show coming at the end of eligibility without any pre-hype and with a chance of actors glancing over it completely.

Anyway I still think In Treatment will do quite well (I have it in series, actress and s. actor for Ramos) but I was more trying to see what a worst case scenario would be for it.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

I predicted Aduba to win haha! I do understand what you’re saying and I am predicting Aduba over Paulson myself at the moment. I would argue that both are strong actors branch favourites (see how Paulson got in for Cult in a weak field even as the academy was done with AHS) but last season Paulson missed partially due to actors not really finishing Mrs. America. Whilst Aduba’s showcase was earlier in the season. You could hypothetically argue they’re in a reverse situation this time round with actors having watched Paulson’s show back in September and it having reached peak visibility and Aduba’s show coming at the end of eligibility without any pre-hype and with a chance of actors glancing over it completely. Anyway I still think In Treatment will do quite well (I have it in series, actress and s. actor for Ramos) but I was more trying to see what a worst case scenario would be for it.

I just think that Ratched peaked too early and Paulson isn’t particularly baity or drastic enough to pull through. If any acting nom comes from that show, I’d hope it’s Sophie Okonedo even if she is outrageous in that very questionable performance, she’s at least fun.

In Treatment never broke into Drama Series but the actors branch has always been kind enough to it, at least. It’ll get in cause the category is dire unless it’s a complete bomb.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I’m predicting both Aduba and Paulson but I’m getting concerned about the lack of campaign HBO is putting on In Treatment and its extremely late release. It’s possible Aduba ends up being the sole representative of the show based on her name recognition. And maybe it’s not really good? I guess we will see in a few weeks.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Also voters have HalstonThe Underground RailroadHacksGirls5Eva, Master of None and Mare of Easttown all to watch this month. And that’s without mentioning a contender like Small Axe that they could still be catching up on. In Treatment feels like it has the least appeal of the lot.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    DylanMcPhee
    Topics:

I can’t believe we are a couple of weeks away from June!!
    It’s looking unlikely that The Morning Show will be back in contention for 2021, right?

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Will wait for it to officially premiere, but i don’t see voters (or mostly anyone actually) watching 24 half hours therapy episode.

I’m predicting Aduba on name alone and Ramos because why not, that field is barren af and he has some good will from other projects.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

For All Mankind is very tempting for me to predict. It kind of felt completely buzzless until the finale and people suddenly started talking about it (which is weird because I had seen nothing about from pundits until then).

How was the Emmy event @jason_boegh?

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

For All Mankind is very tempting for me to predict. It kind of felt completely buzzless until the finale and people suddenly started talking about it (which is weird because I had seen nothing about from pundits until then).

It serves show that surprisingly happens because voters have quietly discovered it (even tho like you said the final was quite buzzy) and they didn’t care about old shows anymore. One of the many shocks during the nomination livestream could be hearing the name Joel Kinnaman for Lead Actor lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.