Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 516 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
methaddiction
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

It was trending on Twitter in the US last night

That is good to know! Thanks.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Yeah it seems like a lot of people aren’t watching this season including critics.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

If Pose doesn’t get more buzz for its series finale I’ll have to consider dropping it. One argument in favor of this is us not returning is that it’s extremely rare for a show to return after being dropped unless they have a surge in buzz which it doesn’t, but the same applies to Pose. And TIU was a stronger show at its peak than pose ever was.

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

I still think Pose will be an easy name check for voters. It mightn’t have a tonne of buzz, but other than The Crown what other Drama Series’ do audiences seem to have an undying amount passion for? There are 8 spots so ask yourself what you could even replace Pose with because the options are not boundless this year lol. At least it’s got the last season narrative which I do think will work in its favour, and there does seem to be a lot of goodwill towards these characters and increased appreciation for the performances of the ensemble, which can only help.

FYC!!:

Best Picture: The Power of the Dog
    Lead Actress: Renate Reinsve (The Worst Person in the World)
    Lead Actor: Simon Rex (Red Rocket)
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst (The Power of the Dog)
    Supporting Actor: Vincent Lindon (Titane)

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Oh yeah, I am not concerned about Pose in drama series. It probably wasn’t all too far off last year; it was just too stacked for it to make a lineup of 8. This year is so empty that it should be able to return pretty comfortably. But I think Porter and series might be its only above-the-line noms again. I don’t see the writers suddenly jumping to nominate this, and I just don’t know about the other actors. They truly deserve, but I am doubtful.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Let’s Get Real: The Crown is getting snubbed

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Let’s Get Real: The Crown is getting snubbed

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Evil Season 2 will premiere June 20, 2021 on Paramount+.

Evil & The Good Fight being middle summer premieres? Did one of the Kings run over a puppy. Honestly, such a missed (and easy-ish) opportunity for both shows to breakout.

At least they always have CC.

Honestly, it’s not very likely but having watched/in the middle of watching most shows that are in contention, Invincible would make a better nominee than almost all of them bar The Crown. It’d certainly be a very fresh nomination but award predictors are too boring with their choices to actually champion it and put it on the map.

That’s what I was pondering as well, outside of Mare & Marvel, it felt like to most watched / discussed show from March onwards amongst the GP / normies / non-cinephiles.

If only just for the violence and how good the performances from the core three voice actors are.

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m not that concerned about Pose‘s lack of buzz whilst it’s airing. The show reminds me a bit of The Good Place as I don’t think that members of the academy are actually watching it as it airs but rather when it drops on Netflix. The Good Place‘s crash at the guilds after its series nomination at the Emmys suggests it probably wouldn’t get nominated in series if it was competing in a field as competitive as the 2019 one (iconic lineup!) but it was helped last year by a scattered field and being a familiar show to voters.

Pose has pretty much the same things going for it as The Good Place did that year. It obviously won’t win series but it’s a sure nod at TCA and it’s something Emmy voters can easily fall back on in a weaker field. The fact that it only missed casting and series in its haul for it second season in retrospect to its first tells me that it was probably next in line in both of those.

I do share Luca’s scepticism about it slipping into writing but I do think someone like MJ Rodriguez can very well happen like Yvonne Orji or D’Arcy Carden did last year. Or like Mandy Moore did the year before. Especially if the show ends up being in the top 5 in series (which it could be as it hasn’t ever directly competed against 3 of the shows that it’s projected to be nominated alongside with).

FYC:

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I do think a large number of people watch Pose on Netflix. There is a missed opportunity with “FX on Hulu” not posting new episodes of Pose the day after they air.

I also agree that Pose will only get in Drama Series and Actor in terms of above-the-line noms. MAYBE writing if the series finale is something special.

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

I think Lovecraft will get Smollett, MK + Vance and that’s it

and dramaseries and writing??

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I will miss her. She was one of the only performers during this era of SNL that I actually liked lol.

Hopefully if Schmigadoon is any good she is coming for her first lead nom!

FYC:

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

I watched Uzo Aduba’s episode on Solos yesterday and then went on to watch In Treatment. It was like I was watching two extremely different people, every single movement is different according to the character she’s playing. This woman deserves all the recognition she’s been getting lately.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I know you don’t want to hear this, but Phoebe Dynevor feels pretty safe to me. She will benefit from having a lot of screen time with Rege Jean Page and I would say she got close to a SAG nomination.

A similar thing happened with David Harbour and Millie Bobby Brown in the first two seasons of Stranger Things.

Bridgerton made SAG Ensemble + AFI + DGA + PGA and it’s up there with The Mandalorian, which also got the same stuff + A random WGA nomination.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.