Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 516 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
methaddiction
  • Profile picture
    SamLuez
    Topics:

With all due respect, the notion that Elisabeth Moss might be snubbed for her superb work this season is mind-boggling to me. We haven’t even seen the last few episodes yet, but what she’s done so far deserves a nomination — and in my opinion, the win. Sorry to single her out, Phoebe Dynevor in Bridgerton is lovely, but can anyone make a legit case for her vs. Moss? Seriously??

Profile picture
    Madson Melo
    Topics:

If Moss is snubbed again, I mean, the gag!

Profile picture
    bantigauti
    Topics:

Who else is thinking that Uzo aduba won’t make in… the show is out of buzz completely and its jurnee smollett who can sneak in!!!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

the show is out of buzz completely

Is it though? I saw multiple creatives post online about the premiere including the likes of Amy Schumer and Janicza Bravo.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, Shiva Baby, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall, Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Andrew Garfield, Winston Duke/James McAvoy
    Actress: Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant, Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

With all due respect, the notion that Elisabeth Moss might be snubbed for her superb work this season is mind-boggling to me. We haven’t even seen the last few episodes yet, but what she’s done so far deserves a nomination — and in my opinion, the win. Sorry to single her out, Phoebe Dynevor in Bridgerton is lovely, but can anyone make a legit case for her vs. Moss? Seriously??

She is miles ahead of Dynevor, but Bridgerton is a fresh new show and Handmaid’s Tale is on its 4th season.
    With Moss missing last year it won’t shock me if she misses again.

But i do think she could be Viola Davis from HTGAWM S5 and slip back in with a emptier field.

Who else is thinking that Uzo aduba won’t make in… the show is out of buzz completely and its jurnee smollett who can sneak in!!!

The Emmys looooove Uzo Aduba, i think they’ll easily name check her, but i do think she could miss if the branch decide to go for newer and fresher choices.
    HBO is barely campaigning In Treatment and Smollett is everywhere talking about Lovecraft.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Netflix watching HBO flop this year 

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Netflix watching HBO flop this year

The way they could have 4 actresses nominated here with Corrin, Colman, Dynevor and Paulson.

Profile picture
    bantigauti
    Topics:

Can Izzie Moss get into directing nom? (with 3 episodes in S4)

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

For the ones who watch The Handmaid’s Tale: I believe only one Supporting Actress from the show is going to be nominated. Who do you think is more likely to be nominated out of Wiley, Dowd and Strahovski ? I only have Wiley right now because if she was able to hold her position in a season for which the star of the show got snubbed, I think she is going to be fine. I also took Doherty out and slotted Aunjanue Ellis. Lovecraft Country’s issues are in the writing. The actors are deserving (except for Majors) and I think the acting branch is going to recognize them. First season shows that receive SAG Ensemble nominations usually have acting noms at the Emmys.

Mind-boggling. Jonathan Majors 100% deserves a nomination.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

I still think Pose will be an easy name check for voters. It mightn’t have a tonne of buzz, but other than The Crown what other Drama Series’ do audiences seem to have an undying amount passion for? There are 8 spots so ask yourself what you could even replace Pose with because the options are not boundless this year lol. At least it’s got the last season narrative which I do think will work in its favour, and there does seem to be a lot of goodwill towards these characters and increased appreciation for the performances of the ensemble, which can only help.

Easily This Is Us. It’s still networks #1 scripted series and news of it ending next year was quite buzzy even though everyone who is familiar with the show knows when it’s ending.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

This is Us doesn’t have anywhere near the amount of buzz it had years ago.. I just don’t see it making a big comeback regardless of how good it is.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

This is Us doesn’t have anywhere near the amount of buzz it had years ago.. I just don’t see it making a big comeback regardless of how good it is.

It has significantly more than Pose for one…

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

It has significantly more than Pose for one…

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

This Is Us is a show GD has never predicted correctly.

For s1, Series, Brown, Metz, Cephas Jones, Henry, McRaney and O’Hare were predicted correctly,  but the users missed Ventimiglia (#10 in the odds) and were predicting Metz to win before the noms came out (and she was still higher than Dowd at the time of the ceremony)

For s2, GD was right about Series, Brown, Ventimiglia, Cephas Jones, McRaney but wrongly predicted Moore, Metz, Hartley that were #5, #3 and #3 respectively in the odds  (there was also Pam Grier #7 in guest actress, somehow ahead of Viola Davis for the Scandal crossover)

S3, as we all know, is the season that was the most incorrectly predicted. GD got Series, Brown, Rashad, Cephas Jones right but missed Ventimiglia, Moore, Sullivan and Angarano (#8, #10, #25 and  #11 respectively in the odds) while also incorrectly predicting Susan Kelechi Watson, that was #6. It’s also interesting that Justin Hartley (#9), O’Hare (#6) and Dunne (#10) were also higher in the odds than the TIU performers that did happen in their respective categories.

Lastly, for s4, we correctly predicted a Series snub (#10) as well as Brown, Rashad, Cephas Jones’ nominations, but incorrectly thought Adlon (#6) and McRaney (#6) would get in. Cephas Jones also won guest actor despite only being #5 in the odds.

Of course, This Is Us is probably not the only show that’s always either over or under predicted (BCS comes to mind) but looking at its history, we are probably not predicting the performance it will have this year correctly once again. Currently, it’s predicted to happen in Series (#7), Brown (#5) and Sullivan (#8). Mandy Moore (#9) and Milo Ventimiglia (#10) are next in line.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

we are probably not predicting the performance it will have this year correctly once again

Partially why I think my NGNG prediction of Jon Huertas in supporting could actually happen.

TIU’s guest noms this year are gonna be interesting, they’ve got 8-10 legitimate options / contenders.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.