Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 516 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
methaddiction
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s still networks #1 scripted series

That’s not exactly hard lol.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Let’s be real: we have no effing clue what is gonna happen in these categories. The only obvious outcome is that The Crown is going to run the board. That’s all we truly know.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

And the Emmy for Writing for a Limited Series/Movie goes to…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Pose has more buzz than This Is Us? How when nobody is talking about the show except Goldderby?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Pose has more buzz than This Is Us? How when nobody is talking about the show except Goldderby?

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/danjlevy/status/1389053591134998533

yeah weeks ago when he was anticipating the premiere. Since then it’s been crickets from literally everyone. Latest episode has 2 stars on Vulture and 50 votes on imdb so I’m not sure where the “buzz” is coming from

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Pose and This is Us are both dead buzz wise, both shows have a solid fanbase, with This is Us having a bigger one. That’s it.

Other than The Crown, and maybe Mandalorian and Bridgerton I don’t know what else is there with buzz for this category.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Pose has more Emmys buzz (MJ Rodriguez and Billy Porter are making multiple interviews and covers like today with LA Times https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/awards/story/2021-05-25/pose-mj-rodriguez-billy-porter-final-season) but This Is Us is still much more widely seen. It’s probably in the top 5 of watched show contending with The Crown, Bridgerton The Mandalorian and The Boys (and I guess Ratched but no one is really considering that for series nom).

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Why is Evil still in the prediction centre?

S1 finished airing January 2020 and S2 is missing the Emmy cycle (June 2021 premiere).

Oscars FYC:

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Why is Evil still in the prediction centre? S1 finished airing January 2020 and S2 is missing the Emmy cycle (June 2021 premiere).

It’s the same thing with Billions.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

TVLine putting Piper on their dream nominees list, wolfali about to be happy.

Emmys 2021: Lead Actress in a Drama Series — Our 7 Dream Nominees!

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Can For All Mankind’s supporting players be added in the prediction center? Especially Michael Dorman.

Profile picture
    ratednext
    Topics:

I wish there was a maximum 6 nominations per category.  Having 8 in supporting just doesn’t make sense to me.  Being a lead in a tv show is way more important and harder … and of course lead categories will always have less submissions.

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Pose and This is Us are both dead buzz wise, both shows have a solid fanbase, with This is Us having a bigger one. That’s it.

Other than The Crown, and maybe Mandalorian and Bridgerton I don’t know what else is there with buzz for this category.

The Handmaid’s Tale have bigger buzz than all the shows you mentioned combined. This forums continuous to live in denial with the show’s popularity and massive love and adoration is one of the funniest thing I have even seen.

And before I get some ridiculous reply, just one of the trailers for season 4 alone has TWELVE MILLIONS VIEWS and only positive comments above. There are several other trailers for season 4 with million views as well. A huge critical coverage for every episode, multiple videos with tons of views as commentary after each episode on YouTube. A massive adoration in Facebook, Instagram and Twitter posts. Huge popularity on IMDB. Multiple interviews everywhere with all cast members. And all this EVERY week after EACH episode. The show has a relevance for which both The Crown and, especially, Bridgerton
    can only dream of. The only real buzz for Bridgerton is around how hot is Regé-Jean Page and how he left the show like a Diva to be a Movie star (another Heigl on the way).

The only show that comes close to the popularity and relevance of THT is The Mandalorian, but we have yet to see if actors are gonna embrace it.

And please, stop being delusional, everybody in the forum. This is us is million times more popular, buzzed and watched than Pose. The Wedding episode tonight is gonna be huge.

I wish there was a maximum 6 nominations per category.  Having 8 in supporting just doesn’t make sense to me.  Being a lead in a tv show is way more important and harder … and of course lead categories will always have less submissions.

This logic is wrong, there are much more supporting roles than lead roles. Supporting players deserve this.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.