Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 516 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
methaddiction
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I wonder if For All Mankind actually is not only a potential writing contender but also a top series contender. It’s obviously not winning but I guess the closest comparison would be What We Do in the Shadows last year. Both are shows with critically acclaimed sophomore seasons from a previously nominated writer that surge in buzz with a mid season instalment that airs in a weaker field.

Sure For All Mankind wasn’t nominated at WGA in Drama but neither was What We Do in the Shadows in Comedy. It made New Series but missed Comedy for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel but then kept it out of Writing at the Emmys. I wonder if For All Mankind could bump out one of The Mandalorian or The Boys in Writing.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

I feel like For All Mankind has a much better shot at Directing than Writing

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

Profile picture
    bantigauti
    Topics:

I think voters snub both Aduba and Paulson to bring Mandy moore and MJ Rodriguez, cuz ratched performed poorly in winter awards and the buzz has gone, While its still a wait on In treatment performance and aduba’s nomination, A possible snub(I mean if they are done and dusted for that genre).cuz many programs are already including therapy as a subplot in their storylines ,to make an exclusive is again a repeated stuff at least in this era…

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Pose and This is Us don’t have buzz either 💀

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Pose and This is Us don’t have buzz either 💀

And that is sad.

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Mando is better than TFATWS, right?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I feel like For All Mankind has a much better shot at Directing than Writing

How so?

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Mando is better than TFATWS, right?

Practically everything else in contention is better than TFATWS.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Mandy Moore is campaigning…

https://www.emmys.com/events/fyc/2021/thisis

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Mandy Moore is campaigning… https://www.emmys.com/events/fyc/2021/thisis

We’re definitely getting at least one performer returning to that category after being snubbed last year. I think at least one of her and Moss are in.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Practically everything else in contention is better than TFATWS.

I don’t understand why they couldn’t win hero and duo at MTV Awards?

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

The Good Fight will return in June 24.

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Series 1. The Crown 2. The Mandalorian 3. Bridgerton 4. The Handmaid’s Tale 5. The Boys 6. For All Mankind 7. Lovecraft Country 8. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier 9. Pose 10. In Treatment Actor 1. Josh O’Connor, The Crown 2. Rege Jean-Page, Bridgerton 3. Billy Porter, Pose 4. Sterling K. Brown, This is Us 5. Milo Ventimiglia, This is Us 6. Pedro Pascal, The Mandalorian 7. Matthew Rhys, Perry Mason 8. Justin Hartley, This is Us 9. Jonathan Majors, Lovecraft Country 10. Justin Theroux, The Mosquito Coast Actress 1. Emma Corrin, The Crown 2. Olivia Colman, The Crown 3. Uzo Aduba, In Treatment 4. Phoebe Dynevor, Bridgerton 5. MJ Rodriguez, Pose 6. Elisabeth Moss, The Handmaid’s Tale 7. Sarah Paulson, Ratched 8. Jurnee Smollett, Lovecraft Country 9. Mandy Moore, This is Us 10. Billie Piper, I Hate Suzie S. Actor 1. Tobias Menzies, The Crown 2. Michael K. Williams, Lovecraft Country 3. Bradley Whitford, The Handmaid’s Tale 4. Antony Ramos, In Treatment 5. Jonathan Bailey, Bridgerton 6. Giancarlo Esposito, The Mandalorian 7. Daniel Bruhl, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier 8. O-T Fagbenle, The Handmaid’s Tale 9. Chris Sullivan, This is Us 10. John Benjamin Hickey, In Treatment S. Actress 1. Gillian Anderson, The Crown 2. Helena Bonham Carter, The Crown 3. Samira Wiley, The Handmaid’s Tale 4. Emerald Fennell, The Crown 5. Erin Doherty, The Crown 6. Cynthia Nixon, Ratched 7. Nicola Coughlan, Bridgerton 8. Adjoa Andoh, Bridgerton 9. Wunmi Mosaku, Lovecraft Country 10. Indya Moore, Pose Writing 1. Peter Morgan, The Crown (“Fairytale”) 2. Dave Filoni, The Mandalorian (“Chapter 13 : The Jedi”) 3. Jon Favreau, The Mandalorian (“Chapter 16 : The Rescue”) 4. Eric Kripke, The Boys (“The Big Ride”) 5. Rebecca Sonnenshine, The Boys (“What I Know”) 6. Matt Wolpert and Ben Nedivi, For All Mankind (“The Grey”) 7. Rick Famuyiwa, The Mandalorian (“Chapter 15 : The Believer”) 8. Craig Rosenberg, The Boys (“Over the Hill with the Swords of a Thousand Men”) 9. Lucy Prebble, I Hate Suzie (“Acceptance”) 10. Steven Canals, Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk, Pose (“Finale”) Directing for a Drama Series 1. Benjamin Caron, The Crown (“Fairytale”) 2. Jessica Hobbs, The Crown (“War”) 3. Jon Favreau, The Mandalorian (“Chapter 9 : The Marshal”) 4. Julie Anne Robinson, Bridgerton (“Diamond of the First Water”) 5. Dave Filoni, The Mandalorian (“Chapter 13 : The Jedi”) 6. Tom Verica, Bridgerton (“Shock and Delight”) 7. Bryce Dallas Howard, The Mandalorian (“Chapter 11 : The Heiress”) 8. Kari Skogland, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (“New World Order”) 9. Tim Van Patten, Perry Mason (“Pilot”) 10. Steven Canals, Pose (“Finale”) Guest Actress in a Drama Series 1. Alexis Bledel, The Handmaid’s Tale 2. Rosario Dawson, The Mandalorian 3. Phylicia Rashad, This is Us 4. Sophie Okonedo, Ratched 5. Claire Foy, The Crown 6. Julia Louis-Dreyfus, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier 7. Amanda Brugel, The Handmaid’s Tale 8. Diana Rigg, All Creatures Great and Small 9. Katee Sackhoff, The Mandalorian 10. Noma Dumezweni, Pose Guest Actor in a Drama Series 1. Ron Cephas Jones, This is Us 2. Courtney B. Vance, Lovecraft Country 3. Charles Dance, The Crown 4. Mark Hamill, The Mandalorian 5. Griffin Dunne, This is Us 6. Don Cheadle, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier 7. Timothy Olyphant, The Mandalorian 8. Michael Angarano, This is Us 9. Jeremy Pope, Pose 10. Assante Blackk, This is Us

YES!! I hope it… for Guest Actor… But, Mando wins Directing

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Got those CC noms in lock.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lol missed opportunity.

Oscars FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.