Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 505 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

I’m dropping Pose for The Boys. I’ve been predicting The Boys missing because of its winter award underperformance, but I just realized that Pose is likely missing at every winter awards Ceremony except the Critics Choice Awards this year, which is no better than The Boys missing everywhere but the WGA.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The amount of FYC ads I keep seeing for Bridgerton.. The Crown you need to move over.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

The amount of FYC ads I keep seeing for Bridgerton.. The Crown you need to move over.

Well, Bridgerton kinda needs more FYC ads than The Crown tbh. At least, for now. The latter is the frontrunner to win Drama series and most of its noms are basically locked. Bridgerton is new, so it needs visibility to secure several of its potential noms.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Campaigning alone doesn’t get you Emmy nominations. If Emmy voters don’t watch, like or care about your show, ads aren’t going to help. That said, I think Bridgerton will do well. 😑

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I’m really intrigued to find out how many Supporting Actress slots will The Crown and The Handmaid’s Tale leave for others !

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I just worry that THT only gets Wiley, who is endlessly deserving this year but isn’t the only deserving one. I need, at the very least, Dowd and Brewer to get nominated, though the latter is highly unlikely. :/

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

I just worry that THT only gets Wiley, who is endlessly deserving this year but isn’t the only deserving one. I need, at the very least, Dowd and Brewer to get nominated, though the latter is highly unlikely. :/

And what think you for Supporting Actor?

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Brewer is the best Supporting Actress from this season of the The Handmaid’s Tale tbh. Girl, really deserves that nom.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Supporting actor is a mess — that’s all I know. Fagbenle deserves so much, but I am extremely doubtful. Same goes for Hartley, whom I want to slot in but whose nom I can’t really justify. At this point, I have JBH and Daniel Brühl, though the former’s show is a no1curr, while the latter’s might not at all register with Emmy voters. Bottom line, I have no effing idea.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Campaigning alone doesn’t get you Emmy nominations. If Emmy voters don’t watch, like or care about your show, ads aren’t going to help. That said, I think Bridgerton will do well. 😑

I think they did watch Bridgerton. It did well at the winter awards and the show was quite popular on Netflix. I do think it’s getting a couple of noms. How many of them it’ll get, is the real question.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I think they did watch Bridgerton. It did well at the winter awards and the show was quite popular on Netflix. I do think it’s getting a couple of noms. How many of them it’ll get, is the real question.

Oh absolutely — that’s what I meant. Bridgerton doesn’t need ads, or at least its ads don’t really matter, because everyone’s seen it.

Profile picture
    bantigauti
    Topics:

Tatiana Maslany is Emmy’s fav, But is she really gonna make for perrymason, While it would be her last chance for the show as she is not returning for next season.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Darlings, Bridgerton is sweeping.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Darlings, Bridgerton is sweeping.

Sweeperton.

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

How many acting nominations are you guys predicting Lovecraft Country for? I was predicting it for 5, but that seems like too many for a show with no individual SAG or Globe nominations for its actors.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.