Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 520 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Comment in this thread with your final Emmy reactions.

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2021/emmys-2021-winners-best-prediction-scores/

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The winners were ultimately alright. Not all of them were my first choices but I don’t think I particularly disliked any of the winners.

Also the Hacks and I May Destroy You wins in writing just give me LIFE!!!!

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I love most of these winners 

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Let me repost my rant here since we changed threads

First of all, I would like to express how much I’m disappointed by this outcome in the Lead Actress category. As everyone knows here, I was deeply rooting for Mj Rodriguez to pull that historic win, not just for the prospect of it, but also because I’ve been a fan of her performance since Pose debuted. The consolation for her loss would have been knowing that another very deserving queer woman, Emma Corrin, won. Of course awards shouldn’t be given simply based on narratives, but it’s still extremely disappointing that the Emmys had the possibility to award one of the two queer women contending, both of them being the frontrunners, and they chose Olivia Colman in a truly bizzare win. It can’t help but to reminds me of how they had the possibility to finally award an Asian actress (who was overdue and the frontrunner after a winter sweep on top of that) and chose her white co-star. At the time it was excused by the fact that Jodie Comer played the fan favorite and the fact that the emmys are more and more leaning towards ingenues, but the losses of Emma Corrin, Anya Taylor-Joy and Kaley Cuoco tonight all go against that. After this ceremony and the extremely white (and cis) winners, The Emmys don’t look as woke as they pretend to be in comparison to the Oscars.

Now, I would like to say how I think Olivia Colman pulled it off. I always thought that contrary to what most here believed, Emma Corrin was not a strong frontrunner and I think that Mj Rodriguez’s nomination dramatically reduced her status as it even more. Ultimately, I believe that both Corrin and Rodriguez attracted the same type of voters. The young, the populist, the social media savy voters. The Tatiana Maslany, Zendaya, Jodie Comer voters. But in this particular year , there was simply not a consensus choice for them to go for. There was not a single Zendaya in the middle of Olivia Colmans or Laura Linneys. Colman, on the other hand, has been attracting the older, conservative voters that were less and less represented throughout the years in this category. And she had all of them for herself this time, because ultimately I believe no one was really voting for THT to win anything this year and no one watched In Treatment to allow Aduba to take some votes.

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

I don’t mind The Crown sweeping. I mind the fact that the voters are getting lazier and lazier. This sweep shows that clearly one show was far more watched than all the others which is just not fair(and Colman winning over Corrin suggests to me that they didn’t even get to s4 yet.)

Insane.

Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

I haven’t seen it confirmed anywhere yet but Netflix equalled the record for total wins by a network in single year with 44, right?

Also, never thought I’d say poor HBO, but it’s kind of crazy that Hacks and MOE couldn’t pull off series wins after such strong showings tonight.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The tape system was actually terrible but this new one is not working either, we need to stop sweeps, it’s not looking good for the future.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Ranked at 47 this year after being 24 last year. See what happens when you predict Kate Winslet?

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

Imagine if Mare/Lovecraft swapped places.

Winslet beats Colman.

HBO’s Mare vs. Netflix’s Crown

Evan Peters vs. Tobias Menzies

Craig Zobel vs. Jessica Hobbs

Brad Ingelsby vs. Peter Morgan.

Jonathan Majors vs. Ewan McGregor

Michael K Williams, Emmy Winner!

Aunjanue Ellis vs. Kathryn Hahn

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Imagine if Mare/Lovecraft swapped places

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I started at 1900 something last year and now I’m at 1200
    Top 500 coming next year I’m afraid, be careful girlies

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Came in 188th. My strongest Emmy main ceremony placement lol.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Imagine if Mare/Lovecraft swapped places.

Winslet beats Colman.

HBO’s Mare vs. Netflix’s Crown

Evan Peters vs. Tobias Menzies

Craig Zobel vs. Jessica Hobbs

Brad Ingelsby vs. Peter Morgan.

Jonathan Majors vs. Ewan McGregor

Michael K Williams, Emmy Winner!

Aunjanue Ellis vs. Kathryn Hahn

Lovecraft was a drama series in talks about a renewal and it was cancelled
    It was not a limited series, and therefore there’s no reason to think about it.

I don’t know if Mare will be renewed but oh well, Lovecraft Country don’t make sense in limited

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Ultimately, I believe that both Corrin and Rodriguez attracted the same type of voters. The young, the populist, the social media savy voters.

I disagree here. Corrin was generally agreed to be the main attraction of the season, so she easily should’ve appealed to the older voters who clearly loved the show. She was never seen as the cool pick like we all thought MJ would be imo.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Happy for Winslet, Colman, Coel and Smart!

This is my second year, and I’m happy that there is a huge improvement from last year athough still so far from the top.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Final Reactions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.